N11 binaural render?

Hi there,

I am in the middle of testing “In-One” from New Audio Technologies. In-One is a plugin, which is part of Spatial Audio Designer (SAD).

Did you mean this too?

For me, it delivers the best result for binaural monitoring of a 7.14 mix. (I had tried out many other plugins.).

The sound localization works very good. (Top-Front-Left, Back-Right, Side-Left, etc.).

But is is not 100% straight forward to be set up. It supports a maximum speaker layout of only 7.1 only (Not sure, if bought with full SAD, whether this limit is gone)

Workaround is to set up two group tracks. One with a layout of 7.1 for the base speakers, and one 4.0 for the top speakers. Place one each of the plugins as an Insert on the two group tracks. I used Direct Routes to connect each of the 7.1.4 mono channels (in my case) to one of the two group tracks. Within the plugin, you pan each single channel to the desired 3D position .

Edit: The two (binauralized) group tracks route into the Stereo-Out, with headphones connected.

However, with the 4.0 group track for the top speakers, you have to fiddle around a bit. Had to use two stereo tracks as an intermediate bus. Seems like the routing of the Direct Routes does not work correctly.

Over the weekend, I want to try out two 7.1 group tracks. One for TOP and one for BASE. Let’s see, whether this works.

Possible drawback (which may remain) is, that you cannot route a 7.1.4 bus directly to a 7.1.4 bus with the plugin inserted.

EDIT:
Using the InOne Plugin on a single 7.1.4 bus does work. As of now, it needs two instances as Insert. One for the Bottom or Middle Layer, the other one for the top layer. This is to be selected in the plugin where Nuendo offers all bus configs arriving in the plugin. Like 2.0, 5.1 “7.1 Middle” and “Top”.

Drawback left is, that changing the InOne settings is to occur in two plugin windows. Not “all-in-one”. As heard from the company, 7.1.4 support is to come in the mid term future. The one instance is sufficient.

LG, Juergi