N11 video engine

I’d personaly recommend DNxHD for better performance on Windows.

(and hoping for MXF container support)

3 Likes

Well, in the end, it all depends on what you consider time-consuming …
If you download the ER Essentials bundle and run it in trial mode (works with all the bundle features enabled for 21 days), you’ll see how faster this works for a ridiculous $18.99. The price tag merely covers the cost of keeping it alive and makes it affordable for everyone. But it is far from covering the huge development costs that took over two years to refine and make it the fastest workflow ever created for what it does.

All the best,
Sagi

After tons of testing I have arrived at the conclusion that ProRes Proxy/LT and DNxHD 36M are almost identical in their compression method and the way they influence audio-to-video work.
Both can be wrapped in .mov or .mxf containers, and both benefit more features if being wrapped inside .mxf.
But as you mentioned, mxf as a video format is not yet supported in any of Steinberg’s software, which is too bad. I really hope that will change soon, but I have no high hopes for the next major update.

2 Likes

ProRes Proxy is. a good codec.
ER Media ToolKit is a great and simple video converter, But it’s paid software now.
You have another free choice:

Create a session
Set frame rate correct
Drag video into it
Export
DONE!!

Few more step than ER Media ToolKit, but it’s free,

1 Like

On my PC / Windows 10 rig, I have used the free XMedia Recode application to convert any video I receive to ProRes 422 (Proxy) within an .MOV container (as per the recommendations from the video engine update introduced in Nuendo 8). It works perfectly every time and is frame-accurate for scrubbing: https://www.xmedia-recode.de/en/

1 Like