N5.1.1 vid update FAILED??

Just updated to Nuendo 5.1.1 (was successful) and THEN tried to update the video fix (5.1.1) - I get the following message on the vid update

“Update failed. Please verify your Nuendo 5.1.1 installation”

Is the vid update already done in the regular maintenance 5.1.1 update? Can someone help me on this.

Many thanks in advance.

BTW - the vid update file number is 5.1.1.651 - 8.69MB in size

(W7, 64bits)

Anyone had this issue? Just tried to call Steinberg (USA) and NO possibility of talking to a human. :imp: Seems so strange that for their ‘flagship’ PROFESSIONAL software we cannot talk to a person when issues like this come up.

Back up your templates prefs and key commands

Uninstall everything and start over from the disk, redo the whole upgrade path

I use N64 too but I always keep N32 around cause I’m superstitious

I am using the 32 bit application. Still need to do as you say? If so, can you tell me with the templates and key commands are). What about all the VST’s, etc. I wish there was a way to solve this with out a total reinstall.

Also - this puter was made for me and the builder kept N4 on it - just to be sure if I had problems with N5 (new at that time for me). All my VST plugs are in a folder on N4.

I should re-state. The 5.1.1 install was successful and I am working in that right now (I haven’t tried the vid player though.)

Uninstalled N5 (and NEK) and reinstalled. I get the same error message when I try to install Video engine update (5.1.1 is sucessfully installed when checking ‘about’)???

Any other ideas that I can try? Thanks in advance.

Tech guy told me to uninstall QT PRO and reinstall that. Seems odd but willing to do anything at this point. Oddly enough I don’t seem to have any vid issues with a project started today. I just don’t want this ‘possible’ vid engine issue to rear it’s ugly head at the worse possible time.

QT re-install did nothing (still cannot apply vid engine update - see above). Now I wish I had not updated to 5.1.1. Luckily, I haven’t had any issues with video - but both projects since last week have been 2-3 min in length. My concerns is what happens with a 20 min reel.