N5.5 Scrub

Not sure but will test thanks.

Changing the VST presets makes no difference. Tried everything with regards to disabling this disabling that, Using previous version it’s fine. 5.5 scrub unusable.

I wonder why though - as I wrote earlier, I am having no problems whatsoever in scrub or jog modes with my ID Console. Could it be related to a trackball being used - aybe the trackball drivers are old, or have been replaced “under the hood” in an OS update?
Something must have changed to trigger this, but working out what could be a bugger.

Hi all,
lots of confusion, let me clarify. There are 2 issues:

1. Jumbuck (and some other users) are missing functionality with the scrub tool. We’re considering to change this, but can’t say when.
  2. Since the 5.5 update, the scrub tool has audio glitches. They amount of glitches varies between systems. They are confirmed on Mac and Windows (64-bit). The glitches will be fixed with the next regular maintenance update.

Best regards,
Thorsten

So when is that next update? I guess it puts version 6 pretty far off then…

It’s really too bad, that these updates always seen to contain something that makes me want to wait for fixes before I upgrade… Once again my faith on the beta team is diminished…

Aha! So all this have been about selecting the SCRUB TOOL, then using the trackball to scrub back and forth?

Nice info if it is so!

/P

So after all this discussion we now see that the official word is there are glitches. I can see no way we will upgrade to 5.5 until the next official release as scrub is essential for us. How can an update contain unusable existing features? Why can’t you issue a patch for a fix and then we can upgrade? This was resolved in 5.1 when we had the sync problem with the video playback. We received an immediate fix and were happy to carry on however now it seems that we have to wait.

jumbuck,

please confirm that YOU also talk about the scrub tool.

The scrub/shuttle/jog via transport is working fine.

P

If so, then it would have helped a lot knowing this from the beginning …

Fredo