N6 and Artist Control

Do I get that right (from other threads) that there are people around using Nuendo 6 with Artist Control?

I sort of cant get it to work here. Everything fine as long as I use N5.5. With N6 I get 2 issues that make it no go:

• Nuendo Softkeys do not get loaded
  • N6 crashes as soon as I assigne a mono track to a 5.1 bus?
    I tried latest Eucon adapter and I tried 2.7 - without help. Always latest Steinberg Eucon driver.

Anybody an idea?

Oswald

I have sorted out the softkeys that did not get loaded, but still fighting with the crash.

The crash happens when routing a mono track to a 5.1 group or output.
Routing a stereo track to a 5.1 group or output doesn’t crash. Routing a mono track to a single channel of a 5.1 group or output doesn’t.
Crash doesn’t happen when Artist Control is inactive (out) Happens on 10.8. apple system, doesn’t happen on 10.6. apple system. Happens with different Nuendo Eucon Versions. Happens with different Eucontrol versions.

Hope is to find anybody with a Artist Control V2 on a OSX 10.8 and Nuendo 6…that would be able to do this sort of routing with or without crash.
Or to help me with that:
To do a clean Nuendo deinstallation on 10.8. what do I have to through away beside : the programm folder in application / the Preference- Nuendo 6 folder / the Application Support -Steinberg folder. Is there anything else?

Thanks Oswald

I fit all of the specs you described. Just tried it, and had no problem.

That’s basically all you have to do for a clean re-install. Have you tried a clean install of Eucon? Are your 10.6 and 10.8 on the same computer? Are you sure your audio driver is current? These have all been the source of issues for me in the past.

Good luck!

Chewy

That’s basically all you have to do for a clean re-install. Have you tried a clean install of Eucon?

Yes. Including trashing EuCons Prefs and Application Support

Are your 10.6 and 10.8 on the same computer?

Yes. I am. On 2 drives. 10.8. being a SSD drive. Do you think that could make problems?

Are you sure your audio driver is current?

Just updated the RME drivers but no effect on Nuendo Crash.

What is interesting: There are rare occasions when EuControl is freezing bevor Nuendo crashes. Then Nuendo is happy doing the routing. But next time I open that session with Artist Control running and me touching that (to 5.1 routed) track Nuendo will do the crashing.

Thank for your help

Oswald

I’m running my 10.8 on an SSD, too. I was thinking that maybe if you were using the same home folder for both systems there might be an issue.

We MC Control users have been having the (famous by now) EuCon Crash On Exit for the last couple of versions, but this doesn’t sound related.

Assuming that you’ve run DiskWarrior and Onyx or Cocktail or something like it, just in case. They can make a big difference in mysterious matters such as these. Have you tried that?

And… is your entire 10.8 on the SSD, or is your user data folder on a different drive?

Chewy

Assuming that you’ve run DiskWarrior and Onyx or rock or something like it, just in case. They can make a big difference in mysterious matters such as these. Have you tried that?

I will do that Monday.

is your entire 10.8 on the SSD, or is your user data folder on a different drive?

User date are on same SSD drive.

Thanks

Oswald

Good luck! Will keep thinking on this…

Chewy