N7.0.40 Workspace issue STILL NOT FIXED!

This issue described in the following thread is still not fixed, despite N7.0.35 indicating that it was fixed?

:open_mouth:

There is another bug in the Workspace as well which I mentioned a last year which still persists at least on Windows 7 64 bit.

The problem can be created when you select the Editing (HD) Workspace; it brings up the edit and project windows on separate monitors. You undock the project window from full screen, try to resize it from the top, the window size increases exponentially width wise, it appears to then overflow a memory display buffer. It then kicks the windowing system in the OS out of Aero down to 8-bit mode and then the screen imaging is too buggered to continue. You have to reboot the machine to fix the problem. I have learned to avoid the Workspaces but new users to the app are bound to use these soon as they start exploring the features in the menus.

I as well continue to have (previously posted) issues with workspaces, specifically with the Channel Settings Window not remembering its assigned channel upon restarting or reselecting the workspace.

No question that this great function, as useful as it is, could very much use some sprucing up, asap.

Chewy

Frankly, I simply don’t get the idea of dreaming up an idea for a new feature, developing it, advertising it to the user base, charging for it and then not fixing it when it is found not to work!

When I was programming, if anything like that happened I got on to it straight away and fixed the issue within days, if not hours. It was a matter of pride in what I was doing and a determination to not let the users down.

It is niggles like this that undermine user confidence in a product.

N7 has been out for nearly a year now, so things like this should certainly have been rectified by now.

Thats just how Steinberg treats its customers. Nothing new here.

I am curious if it is a Nuendo problem or an OS or Video driver problem. I’m running Windows 10 64bit, Nuendo 7 32bit with an Nvidia GTX 980. I have 4 separate monitors and have never experienced a problem with Workspaces. I use 2 or 3 workspaces recalled with key commands and they always work fine even when closing and opening a session.

My issue has nothing to do with that sort of thing. Worked fine until N6. When the look changed, so did the behavior. Can’t speak to the other issues described in this thread.

Chewy.

Here is a pattern that might point to the Workspace issue:

With N7 running, I deleted the file Default Project Workspace.xml.

Then Quit N7 without saving the current project and with my standard workspace open.

On exit N7 created a new Default Project Workspace.xml file. Size 35KB.

I relaunched N7, went to Recent Projects and selected the latest project.

The project opened but the last used workspace did NOT open.

I selected the same workspace.

Then Quit N7 without saving the current project.

This time a new Default Project Workspace.xml file was created. Size 77KB.

I relaunched N7, went to Recent Projects and selected the latest project. This time the last workspace used DID open.

Then I Quit N7 again without saving the current project and with the workspace open.

On exit N7 created a new Default Project Workspace.xml file. Size 35KB.

I relaunched N7, went to Recent Projects and selected the latest project.

The project opened but the last used workspace did NOT open.

…and so on, around and around.

When the default file is 77KB the workspace opens as it should.
When the file is 35KB the workspace does not open.

Seems like a pattern to me.

Here are the two files created by my system:
Nuendo 7_64.zip (6.21 KB)

Hi Chris,

Interesting pattern indeed, that is definitely invaluable information to help us identify the core issue.
I cannot promise you that it’s going to be under our -in fact my- radar but I will mention your problem to the most relevant person by tomorrow. That’s the best I can do so far.

Cheers,

Talking of Workspaces and forwarding bug reports to the most relevant person :slight_smile: There’s also the bug of window placement on a multi-monitor setup: Window Placement and Workspace Saving Flawed - Nuendo - Steinberg Forums