N7 De esser

I’ve just stumbled upon this while getting familiar with everything new.
Great to have !

Now I’ll need to run some comparison testing between the others I have;
My #1 so far was the UAD Precision Deesser.
Have the SPL too…mmhhmm.
And just to make things more interesting, just yesterday I’ve also bought the M AutoDynamic EQ.
That one is way too deep, I’ll will build some basic presets and forget the rest.

So, any opinion on the N7 Deesser yet ?
Is it really only in the channel rack ? Love to have it as an FX insert.
And…how do you open it’s full view, just like we see in the features video ? Only the knobs ?

cheers :wink:

I’m guessing this is the same deesser as in the previous version of Nuendo. If it is it’s very usable in my opinion. I’ve used it successfully in post so I’ve been very happy with it and other included plugins. Good stuff.

I don think it’s the same as the old one at all.
I don’t remember the old one to be a split band deesser, just a standard full range deesser, and clearly the controls are different to.
I just started testing it. Not bad at all so far.

Ah, good to hear that my guess was wrong! I already thought the old one was quite useful, so if this is better… A+

I just used the new de-esser in a particularly sibilant audiobook… and I’m pretty excited about it. About as excited as you can be about a de-esser, anyway. :sunglasses:

Chewy

Just tried the new deesser and it’s a really nice improvement.

A+

OK…good opinions !
How about my initial inquiry :

Is it really only in the channel rack ? Love to have it as an FX insert.
And…how do you open it’s full view, just like we see in the features video ? Only the knobs ?

Can anyone comment/answer ?

thanx & cheers,

Andrew

You can load it as an insert effect. The full window is displayed.

Chewy

I am using the Fabfilter and the Sonnox deessers mostly exclusively but because of this thread I tried out the new stock Deesser in Cubase8 - was not aware that there is a new deesser :slight_smile:

Well, this deesser is AWESOME… VERY easy to set up and sounds very good to me! My new favorite for backing tracks! :slight_smile:

Thanx much Chewy, will try it there.