Naming a New Folder on Mac

When creating a new Project, I create a new Folder but I can’t rename it with in Cubase before creating the new project.
I either have to create the folder outside of Cubase (in the finder) or work in an “Untitled Folder” and rename it later.

What’s the deal?
Is this a bug or is there a command I missing somewhere?

LONG TIME MAC USER THAT has just moved back to recording on a Mac.

I’m on a windows machine but I would think it would be the same.

For me, I use the Steinberg hub to create new projects using one of my templates. I have the hub set to “Prompt for project location”. So when I click “create”, a window pops up for me to choose the location for where I want to save the project folder. On that window is a button that gives me the option to create a new folder, which I always do. It’s right after that where the opportunity to rename the folder is presented. By “presented” I mean the folder name is highlighted just waiting for a new name. New name typed, hit OK. Done.

Regards :sunglasses:

Yep…that’s how it worked on the PC for me too.
And on Mac back in the old days.
It’s got to be some little thing I’m missing

Any Mac users around?

I usually start a new project with a template I’ve constructed previously and which already has a name. Then I just Backup that template via the Cubase menu, and at that time can create a new folder, name it as I wish, then the template is saved to the new folder under a new name. Everything takes place inside Cubase. Maybe try that approach?

<<I usually start a new project with a template I’ve constructed previously and which already has a name. Then I just Backup that template via the Cubase menu, and at that time can create a new folder, name it as I wish, then the template is saved to the new folder under a new name. Everything takes place inside Cubase.>>

Yes, same here

+3
{‘-’}

You are creating the new folder with-in cubase, yes?
When you create it, does it not give you the option of naming it then?
I’m not in front of Cubase, but I’m pretty sure I create the folder from the new project window, and name it there.

EDIT- something similar too what playz123 wrote!