Native Instruments ModPack crashing Cubase

I’m on MacOS Catalina running Cubase Pro 10.5.5.

When I insert Choral, Phasis or Flair to an insert, Cubase crashes.

See this thread on the NI forums:

https://www.native-instruments.com/forum/threads/choral-crashing-cubase-10-5.372845/

Seems to be a Cubase 10.5 issue as there’s no problem with earlier versions of Cubase.

Yes - having the same issue with High Sierra 10.13.6 - and then I upgraded my Macbook Pro to 10.14.6 (because of this issue)…still crashing 10.5.0.

There is no issue with the ModPack plugins in Cubase 10.0.4, or Reaper 5, or Logic.

Thanks for confirming. No worse feeling than adding a plugin and then the whole program freezing. Big workflow killer :frowning:

Same issue on Mojave 10.14.6 Cubase 10.5.5 ( the problem appeared with 10.5 version)

Same issue here (Mojave 10.14.6). Inserting Choral crashing my Cubase 10.5
BTW the same plugin working great in Vienna Ensemble Pro (as VST fx insert) and in Pro Tools ULT 2019.12 (as AAX).

Hey guys sorry to say as I know how frustrating it can be but I have no issues with the modpack. All runs completely fine here.

Hi!, what is your OS?

Ah thought I had it on my sign off sorry. Catalina 10.5.2 latest. Honestly apart from what seems to be a bug with solo and unmuting this is the fastest smoothest non crashing cubase I’ve ever owned.

The only NI issue I have is that a kontakt instrument called bass synth by wave alchemy doesn’t work well as the presets take around 20 seconds each to load. All others work fine in it.

VST2 not supported by Steinberg anymore, it’s time for NI to go to VST3.

Yes why’s it taking so long I wonder

Hi,

Could you attach a crash file, please?

It doesn’t create one - it beachballs and freezes. I created a ticket with NI also. Worked fine in 10 but seized to work from 10.5