Native Instruments plugins "save as" hang Cubase GUI

I’ve narrowed this down to three NI plugins: FM8, Massive, and Absynth 5. Whenever I attempt to use “save as” to save my sound, the GUI hangs. I can still hear audio from the active plugin, but I can no longer interact with Cubase in any way nor see any animations of any kind. I have to kill it from the Task Manager each time.

I’m running Cubase Pro 8.5.15 on Windows 10 64-bit.

It’s semi-random with Massive and Absynth 5, but seems to happen 80% of the time. With FM8, all I have to do is open and close the “save as” dialog, and it freezes Cubase, forcing me to kill it.

I’ve tested this on my laptop with a similar configuration, and I cannot reproduce the issue. It seems related to something with Window handling, perhaps a basic library that was overwritten by some other program on install.

If anyone has any clues (especially mods who may have heard of this or something similar), I’d really appreciate hearing them. I’m at my wit’s end with this. I’ve scoured the Internet for ideas and have tried lots of them, but I can’t seem to figure out why this is happening, and only with these three instruments.

No other plugins from other manufacturers seem to be having this issue, but I use FM8 a lot, especially–I would love to be able to save my sounds again! Kontakt 5 also seems just fine when trying to “save as” a multi. Don’t know what to do here, really stuck… :confused: