Nectar Panorama...update?

Speak to their support, as it sounds like you are having some issue if you’ve already turned off input channels and don’t have duplicate track names.

Their support is excellent. I had daily emails, a phone call and a remote session last week which helped me identify a very rare issue they hadn’t seen before. All working well now though.

Hello,

one question off toppic . How is the work with the p4 or p6 does it replace a mackie controller? I am looking for an addition for my native maschine and cubase. And with p4 I think I can do what I want - mix maschine in cubase + keyboard. Or is mixing not so good ??

Uwe

If you use the Panorama exclusively for navigation it seems to work better, but if you use a combo of mouse and keyboard as well to select tracks and move around the mixer the Panorama gets out of sync and things get screwed up. I have been disappointed with my P6 so far and have been only using it as a keyboard controller. I have had problems with a panning glitch where the first channel on the left (i.e. Channels 1,9,17,etc) can only pan L95 maximum and not full left and I have experienced crashes when selecting insert plugins from the Panorama. So for now I am using my mackie MCU as a mixer controller- much better now in cubase 7.5 and possibly 8 pro if the new update has really fixed the bugs. And only using the Panorama P6 as a keyboard controller. A bit of a pain and if the bugs are not worked out soon I may be looking for a new controller keyboard, hopefully with better quality keyboard. The Nektars is OK but the black keys are nowhere as nice as the white keys- which are nice BTW…another bummer because it is so hard to find a good quality 61 key controller! Pads are…meh, IMO. The pads of the Steinberg PD Pad controller are better IMO, although small.

A little trick to get it to re-sync the track you have mouse selected is to press the track+ then - buttons. I find myself having to do this a lot, but it’s not a major issue.

At least Cubase shows you what 8 tracks under under control.

I had some issues before with 7.5 but they resolved those extremely quick and I’ve had no problem using my P4 with Cubase 8 Pro…
They do need to UPDATE the firmware and fix a few glitches that happen because of how Cubase handles the mixer and the way the Panorama still handles things from 7.5…
I think some video tutorials for beginners would cut down A LOT on some of the issues that arise when using the P4 specifically with Cubase and an actual Manual in pdf format for the Panorama line of products.
But they do need to streamline the setup process for Panoramas. It’s a bit quirky and somewhat cumbersome. And if they provide a TRUE update to the firmware for Cubase 8 Pro and fix some MINOR things like the mixer issues, I could seriously find no fault with the product itself.
Hopefully they will get on it soon and take some of these suggestions because their products and customer service are A++++ and I would hate to see such a great company lose business because of some things that could probably be rectified with a little more attention and time spent on them.
The only complaint I could pose about the P4 is the pads not being as expressive as say the Maschine controller or the MPC controllers…

But even with those minor things, I’ve never experienced the type of integration with an ALL-IN-ONE package like the P4 and I truly love it. The keys feel great and the controller as a whole is just great.

Also… There is one of the main Nektar Tech guys on here. I can’t remember his name but if you search some Nektar stuff on here in the forums, I’m sure his name will pop up in a post trying to help someone.
Good luck everyone.

-AURA-

Is the Panorama compatible with Cubase [Mac]. The answer is a resounding “NO”!! Unless you feel like shutting down and restarting Cubase, every twenty minutes or so.

If the Panorama, for any reason, loses connection with Cubase, the latter must be shut down and be restarted in order to retain communication.

I’ve just spent a couple of months with the Nektar support, trying to sort out the problem. They have made 2 installs and only one have worked. I have also made 2 installs and both have failed to work properly (i.e. turning on the Panorama while Cubase is running. That’s a 75% failure rate! The Nektar support have declared that they are incapable of fixing the problem, and elected to blame Cubase!

I have also spoken with a gut at my dealer, who have good contacts with Steinberg. His contact was surprised when he heard about the problem. So, apparently, there is no communication what-so-ever between Nektar and Steinberg!

My advise is. Don’t bother with it! You’re very lucky if you get it to work and you will get no help from the Nektar support, if you don’t.

no problems here