Need > 8 Insert slots: Here's WHY (An example)

Yeah agreed - no performance hit. I imagine it is a ball ache to integrate or they would have done so already.

Well not necessarily all at the same time. I don’t think you read my post. I listed over 25 plugins and gave clear reasons why they wouldn’t be active on the signal simultaneously… but you know… more than 6 pre-fader might be. It’s not unreasonable. You know that really, you’re just afraid that Steinberg will somehow fudge up the implementation and make Cubase worse in some way or neglect other areas of the program that you happen to be more interested in. I get it.

I mean, clouding kush distortion with a tape emu, then flower harmonics again from a channel strip, then cloud it further with a de-esser, to finally rape it with a formant filter. And that’s only 5 plugins.

Quite the imagination you have there! Are you saying a de-esser can only be used for clouding a vocal? Or that you can’t use a de-esser if you’ve already used a tape emulation? It’s well-known that top mix engineers use multiple stages of colouration to achieve very specific, nuanced, tonality. I actually don’t tend to work that way, but it’s certainly something from the pro mix engineer demograph rather than the noobie EDM wannabe, as you like to claim.

Really I admire your effort for debate and you’ve done an excellent job on retrologue patches, but below just doesn’t make any sense.

Thanks - notice that in the Retrologue video I specifically note that there are no inserts on the channels apart from the stereo enhancer here and there (sometimes used to narrow the stereo field). As I keep saying, I’m a huge advocate of using the fewest steps in a chain possible. Not sure why I’m telling you this again as it seems to get shrugged off every time.

I think everyone’s in agreement about this - that was never a part of the argument.

You guys do what you gotta do, as long as Cubase doesn’t suffer.

Amen!

Last word of advice: with plugins less IS more.

Depends on your goals/taste/values, obviously. If the end goal is to transform a sound beyond recognition, then less certainly isn’t more.

Bruh,

I’m sidechaining daggumit. How does one make drift phonk without unlimited sends to the kick?

Also in general I’m applying a conservative amount of sidechaining to all of my instruments, so I absolutely need more than 8, regardless of what you think about the recording, lol.

Welcome to the forum.

This topic is about the Audio Inserts slot limit, which has been expanded to 16 slots about five years ago. If you wish to request more Send slots, please search for the relevant topic.