I’m getting “double” hits sounding (and recording) when I play my MIDI keyboard through any Cubase project. The double hits are erratic, not always the same. They can happen with a single note being hit or a large chord, with or without the pedal being hit. The double hits are about (guessing by ear) 30-40 msec apart. The MIDI data itself is clean (i.e., not doubled).
I have SX3, and my keyboard is a Motif, connected by a USB cable. I’m listening through headphones (no access to monitors currently). Interestingly (ancient Chinese curse: “May you live in interesting times …”), it only happens when I play in the Motif’s “Song Mode”, not its “Voice Mode”. I don’t get the double hits when I just play through my soundcard with Cubase off, or even if Cubase is on - as long as there is no project open.
I’ve done the following to troubleshoot, without getting any wiser:
- Toggle “Use System Timestamp” on and off.
- Toggle “Send Control data to MIDI automation track”.
- Toggle between “Manual” monitoring, and “Tape Machine Style”.
- Toggle the little yellow monitor button.
- Toggle “Local Control” on the keyboard.
Any ideas, please?