Need advice installing Mackie MCU control

I hope someone can help me…

I have been using a Presonus Faderport for a few years. I just bought a Mackie MCU.

What do I need to do to get Cubase 6.5 to work with the MCU?

Do I just unplug the usb cable from the faderport and plug it into the MCU? Or is there more involved?

I haven’t tried to hook up anything yet. I don’t want to screw anything up.

Thanks in advance…

It’s easy. You probably have to load the driver for the MCU (not sure if it has one) Then go to your device panel, add a Mackie MCU and associate the ports to the ones going to the MCU.

You aren’t going to mess anything up. There is documentation in the manual, I believe the remote control devices manual, something like that.

Have fun. You’re gonna love it.

If you’ve got an MCU Pro there are no drivers to install. If it’s an older MCU you will need to install the drivers. Once installed, go to the “Devices” menu, click the “+” sign, choose Mackie Control, set the midi input and output ports and you’re ready to go.

Hope this helps.

-Rich

Thanks SO much for the help.

I’m using 2 firestudio projects. So…when I set up the midi i/o’s what do I select?

My options in the input dropdown are,ALL MIDI INPUTS, Project MIDI,USB Audio Device (4 of them).
The Output dropdown options are…Project Midi, USB Audio Device (4 of those also) and Microsoft GS wavetable

No idea… Did it come with a manual??

Don’t ever set it to all midi ports. When you move a fader, a synth will play!

WOW!!! Thanks guys!!! I am soooooo happy!!! hahahahahahahahaaha :smiley: :laughing: :smiley: :laughing: :smiley: :laughing: