Need advice on new build

Hi everyone! To make a long story short, I’m more of a musician than a computer guy. I’ve been using Cubase 5.1.0 for about 3 years now, and am limited by my older computer. I bought an MR816csx last year, and still haven’t used it because my computer doesn’t have a firewire port. So, I’m planning a new system right now and wanted to get some opinions on compatibility issues. I understand one of the most important things is the compatibility between the MOBO chipset and the AI. So, I’m just going to list everything and see what comes back.

Case : Chenbro RM42200
Mobo : Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H
CPU : i7-3770k
RAM : Gskill Ripjaws 2x8 Gb (twice for 32 Gb total) F3-1600C9D-16GXM - I’ve noticed about 8 variations on these 2X8 Gb sets. Different latencies and timings. Radical price differences for what seems somewhat similar. Any explanations?
PS : Thermaltake Black Widow 850W
Storage : 3TB Seagate Barracuda (2 of them) and mSATA Crucial M4 CT256M4SSD3 256 Gb SSD installed directly on the MOBO.
Heatsink : was thinking of putting one on the i7 just to safe. I won’t be overclocking any time in the near future, but…
Videocard : Sapphire Tech 100355
DVD burner : ASUS BC-12B1ST
KB and Mouse : Logitech 920-002359 & 910-001799
Firewire card : I’m not sure if I should plug my AI directly to the Mobo via its firewire port. Could someone suggest a good card?

Also, I was thinking of getting a used Sony VAIO F series laptop and installing Cubase on it. It has a Firewire port. Potential chipset problem?

The reason I listed every last thing was to be thorough. Does anybody see any potential issues? Have you had any good or bad experiences with some of these components?

I know it looks like a gamer setup, but I don’t really play games. I do run a lot of tracks with effects. I just want to cover myself.

Any opinions would be gratefully appreciated.

Thanks!