Need edification

I’m sorry, this has probably been asked a million times. I can’t get anything recorded. Is there anyone who can walk me through literally how to open up a new project, plug my guitar in, and record? I’ve watched the videos, read the manuals. I just don’t get it. I’ve gotten to the point where I can hear my guitar in my headphones, but when I push record I get a flatline. I can see my signal too, but still it won’t record. How do I do this? I need a step by step for simpletons.
Thanks in advance

Hi,

I would recommend to watch Steinberg Cubase Quick Start Video Tutorials.

Be aware, some menu entries has been renamed since Cubase 10:

• Devices = Studio
  • Device Setup = Studio Setup
  • VST Connections = Audio Connections

Hi, I hope you are up and running by now, but just in case …

I had similar issues, as another post mentioned, they did too. I replied this:

I had a very similar issue and it took me days to figure it out. I am using the UR12 and I had to install the Yamaha Steinberg USB ASIO Driver; then, go to Studio Setup, click on Audio System (just above the driver name in the left column) - this should allow you to switch drivers in CUBASE AI to the Yamaha driver. Then, go back to the Studio Setup and click on the active Yamaha driver; now you will see the I/O ports (they should show the device interface you are using). Under Audio Connections you should also see the Audio Device Driver for Input and Output (Yamaha Steinberg USB ASIOJ). Make sure your Sound Settings on the computer (I’m on Windows 10) are also set to the audio device (UR12 in my case under Input and Output devices in OS Settings). That should do it. I do get failures every now and then and have to reset these, but it does work.

Best of luck,

Mysticmouse

Hope it helps.