Need help batch process rename files

Hi!

I want to add the current date (format = 121006) to the end of my created files in batch process,
but ca’nt figure out how?

I also would like to know how to change what line to fetch when using "“Line (x) from text file”!
I am getteing line 1 all the time and can’t fiugure out how to change number for the line to fetch!

/Hackej

For instance:

Hi!

Thanks for the reply!
But i tried that and it seems to be the items (the file I’m processing) last modify date I will get.
Not todays date!!

/Hackej

Right, this is how it is implemented. I might add an option for what you are asking for, though.
This being said, there is a solution: after your files have been processed (hence their date modified), you can run the Batch file rename tool. In that case, the file’s date will be today’s date.

Hi!

Thanks again!
I’ll try the batch rename tool and see if it works okey!

The thing is that I am creating new file (master file) based on an existing (mix file) and want to add this suffix, including the date, to the name of the exisitng file.
So if Wavelab was to take the date (modify date) from the newly created file it would work okey, but now it
takes it from the exisitng file which is of no use to me!

It would be great to have an option to include todays date or the new files creation/modify date!

What about changing the line for including text from file - “Line (x) from text file” - how do I do that?

/Hackej

You simply create a text file (eg. with Notepad) and write one name per line.
Eg. the 3rd processed file will get the name from the 3rd line.

I use, Batch Rename Files Tool. You can easily found hier BatchRenameFiles.org that allows you to quickly rename all the files in a specified directory.