Need help creating a macro to make 2 mono tracks into 1 stereo track

Hi there,

I am trying to create a macro, but I am stuck and need any help I can get…

This is what I want to do:
I often import multi-tracks into Cubase w/ stereo tracks separated into two mono-files. So, after import (I drag all the files into my project, there might be better ways?) stereo tracks are two mono tracks. Then I need to manually go through the tracks, find the stereo pairs, pan them left and right, then select the two tracks and do “project → convert tracks → mono to multi-channel…”. I would like to turn this process into a macro.

(I am fine with manually selecting the two tracks, or the first of them. So, I am not trying to make Cubase find the pairs based on the naming.)

Where I get stuck is at hard panning the two channels. I am guessing I would need to do this from the Project Logical Editor, but I don’t see how.

Any ideas how to solve this? Thanks!

/Petter

You don’t need to pan the mono tracks left and right for “convert mono to multi channel”. Cubase will just join the two mono file into an interleaved stereo one, putting the first selected track in the left channel and the second into the right.

Thansk @fese! You are absolutely right. I tried this way back and it seemed to me that it came out as a monofied version of the two tracks. And since then I have always been panning the tracks. It has been lots of unnecessary panning… :slight_smile:
Then its does not make much sense to make the macro.

Not really, not, a key command would suffice :slight_smile: