Need Help to display track titles in Cubase 6

Hi
I was up last night til 3.30am searching various forums to my dilemma to no avail.

I have a Korg Micro XL connected to Cubase 6 and all sounds work and I can record midi data without any difficulties.

What I can’t do is select the preset list as it is listed on the Korg and have it displayed in Cubase 6 for selection.

Can anyone shed some light on how to display all the preset names so they show in C6 and can they be saved to be recalled without having to assign them again physically?

Many thanks to ALL in advance for any advice received.

Cubase does not poll the synth for a patch list. You have to create the script yourself unless someone has already created one.

In Cubase …
Devices ->MIDI Device Manager

Install Devices. See if the synth is in that list that pops up. If not

on W7 the scripts are
C:\Users\Jeff\AppData\Roaming\Steinberg\Cubase 6\Scripts\Patchnames\inactive\korg

Try copying one of those if it has the same general SYSEX compatibility with your synth.

For patchlist you might visit www.dhoop.de. If you find your synth, you can include in in Cubase via the MIDI Devide Manager, as stated earlier.

Hope this helps.

Roger

Hi guys and thank you for your help.
As I’m new to using hardware synths, could you please guide me through this process.
I checked the weblink you gave me and found the MicroKorg XL patch list, but I don’t know how to bring it in to Cubase via the MIDI Device Manager

Do I just copy and paste the whole list in one go or do I have to do 1 name at a time, and if so where do I copy it to, ie in the Midi device manager/setup list or in C:\Users\Jeff\AppData\Roaming\Steinberg\Cubase 6\Scripts\Patchnames\inactive\korg. which I don’t have ( do I need to create a new file or folder?

Please help, I think I’m nearly there.