Need Lyrics

My lyrics suck. Anyone up for writing something since I can’t seem to get in touch with Glyn (and he already owes me lyrics / vocals for another song in queue :frowning: )? I’ll send an MP3 if so. The genre is blues / rock. The song will invoke images of the Beatles’ (Edit) Got to Get You Into My Life.

Wim is providing the tenor solo. :smiley:

Sounds like a job for Ted.

Which reminds me, must finish that bloody song…

What’s Ted’s board name?

surfer

+1 for Ted, not many folk here that haven’t done a tune without his lyrics/poetry :sunglasses:

I’ve PM’d him.

:sunglasses:

Cool! :sunglasses:
Ted provided the lyrics for many of my songs.
In fact, those songs wouldn’t exist without his lyrics, because his words inspired the music!

I’d take a stab at it but coming up with witty lyrics is always extremely difficult for me.

The working title is Crickhollow Blues though it was originally “stomp” instead of “blues.” If you ever saw Fellowship of the Ring I was reminded of the scene in the Prancing Pony where everyone started dancing and being merry. You’d think this would make for an easy job of writing lyrics…but I’m skurrrrrrrred.

Mr. Cecil has volunteered his lyrical composition services. Now I need to tune up my voice. Me-me-me-meeeeeee…

This seems like a good tune for one of the “peter piper picked a peck of pickle f’n peppers” kinda lyrics, at about 132bpm double time.

And Ted / Surfer has also asked to give it a shot.

I won’t deny that I’m in a pickle now because I sent Ted an email before JM contacted me. I’ve decided to let both gentlemen give it a shot. Since I have to sing it :open_mouth: I’ll have to see which set of lyrics fits me from an “emotional connection” standpoint.

Am I wrong for doing this? :frowning:

I have no problem with that at all. Hell, do a mashup of lyrics if it seems like the right thing to do. I’m just trying to help a brutha out and have a little fun on the side. You might even get additional content you didn’t ask for :stuck_out_tongue:

<3

I’m so glad you feel this way. :slight_smile:

I avoid competition and give encouragement to others whenever possible. I look forward to hearing this fine collaboration between You, JM, and Wim.
Ted

Should check my email more often, I’m in an off-line phase for now.

I think you mean “Got To Get You Into My Life” :stuck_out_tongue:

Shush. I got confused. :laughing:

I wrote a song (that was a disaster) called I Can’t Get You Outta My Head and I obviously got my wires crossed.

Inspiration struck, and I managed to put together some lyrics that are not bad. My singing, however, is a different matter.

JMCecil and Surfer: thank you both so much for your willingness to help! I’m sorry that I asked you to take a stab only to end up writing lyrics myself.

I will create a thread in the Made with Cubase subforum to provide a link to the draft version of the song for feedback.

likewise… :confused:

:question:

Anybody tried one of those old-time inventions through which one speaks? I have his number somewhere.