Need MOUSE WHEEL SCROLL function in drop down menu to be RESTORED

Hi there,

REQUEST: I’d like to REQUEST the mouse wheel scroll function in the drop down menus to be restored in the next update. Such as in Snap Type / Grid Type / Quantize Presets / Part Select / Color Select menus value changing.

Reason: OK, actually this is a function in old versions for a long time. Mouse scroll is much faster than clicking when changing menu values. I write orchestral music and often select multi parts to edit. By using the mouse scroll function I can change Snap Type / Grid Type / Quantize Presets / Part Select very very fast, especially in the Part Select menu when I need to edit CCs, notes to see different parts. Now I have to use mouse click to change value. I edit 5 parts together and I have to click again and again and again to see, to switch between parts. This is absolutely a waste of time and SLOWS DOWN my workflow so much than ever before. Now I have to uninstall 10.5.20 and back to 10.5.12.

I updated Cubase Pro from 10.5.12 to 10.5.20 and I found mouse wheel functions not working in Cubase and saw people complaining about this saying Steinberg removed this function. Personally, I think software developers should not remove a function that is used by users for a long time. They could just add new options for users to decide what they will use - to use in a new way or still in the old way, but Really Really should NOT remove it. I remember Steinberg once updated the select tool by combining the select tool and range tool. That is really what I meant above. Steinberg provided options for users to decide how users use the select tool,but not remove or force users to use something new. But this time, Steinberg did not do the same thing as in the select tool combining update.

So I’d like to REQUEST and love to see the mouse wheel scroll function restored in the next update. You can provide options for users to decide to use mouse scroll function or mouse click.

1 Like

Photoshop used to letting users holding shift key to maintain propotion in transform, in latest version they removed the shift key function. But they also provided “Use Legacy Free Transform” option in Preferences setting. Hope Steinberg will do this too.

Hi,

same issue here, so, like muzark who described the problem very clearely, “I’d like to REQUEST and love to see the mouse wheel scroll function restored in the next update. You can provide options for users to decide to use mouse scroll function or mouse click.”

Thanks

+1

+++

Yes, I miss it too, especially when I’m editing several MIDI parts I liked to navigate them using the scroll.

I mean, I didn’t like how the scroll could change the volume or other settings in the mixer, but this one thing they have removed… actually was very useful. They should restore it before Cubase 11.

As the OP said, the solution is a checkbox in the preferences “Modwheel can change dropdown menu values”.

Any update on this subject?
Did Steinberg bring this back in Cubase 11?
I’m on Nuendo, so I hope this will be the case in the upcoming version.

they brought it back…just bought nuendo 11 and i love that i have the feature back and im moving at lightning speed

2 Likes