Need separate 32/64-bit extra VST plugin folder settings

This is not a major deal but more of an annoyance. During the transition period, until all VSTs are available in 64-bit versions, there are still times when I need to revert to the 32-bit version in order to use an older plugin.

I created separate folders for 32-bit and 64-bit VST plugins, however the setting is shared between 32-bit and 64-bit versions of WaveLab 7, so for example if I set it in WL7-64 and then switch to WL7-32, no VSTs are available – I have to set it to the 32-bit VST folder and restart, and then the VSTs are gone when I go back to WL7-64, and I have to set it to the 64-bit folder and restart again.

I think there need to be separate settings for the 32-bit and 64-bit versions so that they don’t interfere with each other.

This will happen in next version.

Nice! Thank you!

Yay! :smiley:

Is that the next update, or the next paid “upgrade”?

Considering there are no further “updates” to v7…it stands to reason it means v8…

VP

Is that a guess or is it official?

Ollie

I am certain that somewhere on here that I read PG clearly stating that he is deep into v8 and 7.21 is it for the 7.x series.

Also - considering we haven’t seen anything fresh on 7.x since Dec of 2011 - I would say that 7.x dev is done.

Finally - PG said next “version” not next “update”.

VP

I described a possible solution to this problem here:

(last post at the bottom)

Only drawback is, that you have to copy the plugins you want to use with Wavelab
into the according directions, on the other hand it has the advantage that Wavelab doesn’t need to scan
my default VST plugins folder anymore.

Cheers

Good workaround … hadn’t thought of that. Thanks!