You could simply divide the workspace in 2 tab groups, and toggle playback from one song to the other, by clicking directly in the time ruler:
There is another way, more powerful but more complicated to setup:
This method can be used to instantly switch between up to four different “takes” of a performance.
Proceed as follows, for 2 tracks:
- Create an Audio Montage and select the “8 channel configuration”.
- Put your 2 songs on 2 different tracks, lined up.
- route the tracks to different channel outputs (Track 1 to outputs 1 and 2 and Track 2 to outputs 3 and 4)
- Select Speaker Configuration dialog, and create 2 configurations as follows:
A) Configuration #1
- output channels 1 and 2 to your favorite hardware output pair
- output channels 3 and 4 to void
B) Configuration #2
- output channels 1 and 2 to void
- output channels 3 and 4 to your favorite hardware output pair
Now, if you playback the montage, and solo a track, you can toggle between A/B instantly (no latency) and in perfect sync.
If you like this system, you could create a montage template for it, and add up to 4 speaker configurations.