NEK is still there?

it was ill-conceived when it was introduced, it still is ill-conceived. The arguments for it seem ridiculously petty compared to the confusion and bad taste the whole thing stirs up.

There was a promise it would be done away with,that seems now to be just BS. This is a poor start to what seemed like a great new start from Steinberg.

We are all different, but “I” don’t “get” why there are some that still try to justify this shambles.

Just as a note, I’m pretty sure the code was always in there and the NEK box and installation dvd were always just for distribution purposes as there was no download option

First … NEK was a bad decision from SB, ok … but the child is now fallen into the fountain.

I think the last Nuendo Update + NEK cost 400 Euros. Without NEK 300 Euros. Now the people cry, who must pay the extra money for NEK. If the NEK would be included, the people would cry, who don’t need it and must pay for it.

My suggestion: SB should make the price in the middle (350 Euros) and make one full Version with included NEK. All have the same Version. NEK user pay 50 bucks fewer and are happy and NO-NEK user pay 50 bucks more and will not die by this. The HD space is the same anyway and SB make not minus.

Good or not good ;o) ?

sigh…

So fine, they did it again. How does this change anything for the end user?

there’s still time for Steinberg to come to their senses :smiley:

Thats only because being in the shrinking circle you are getting jammed up way too close to those few remaining , those of us outside the circle can see a bit more clearly…

:laughing:

It’ll be cheaper than that :slight_smile:

C’mon …
also lol

Heard the Timo-Man ???
For the deaf : CHEAPER …
Isn’t that wonderful news?
Is anybody now still continuing to fight and argue about a small sack of beans?
Accept it and enjoy an extremely exciting new Nuendo upgrade in a few months.
There must be more important thing to worry about… like shopping for X-Mas presents…

Nite, Big K

The arrogance on these forums…
A hobby…not.
I simply stated that I’m not using the post features much these days.

http://albumcredits.com/Profile/352288
The 1st 3 credits are in error, have no idea what they are.
Many other credits are not listed at all, but this is the most complete list out there.

For the last 10+ years or so I have been battling health issues.
Healthcare here in the states is not cheap so watching my budget is mandatory.
I have been symptom free for almost 3 years now and trying to get back into this game.

So go edit some dialogue…post gods.

I’m starting to feel like I might have jumped the gun by getting the grace period N5!

5 has its own merits… but… aww, whatever.

Chewy

Dude! Don’t let the haters get you down. And thanks for the album credits link-- I didn’t even know that site existed. Talk about validation! Scanned my own stuff on there just now, and enjoyed the trip down memory lane!

Best,
Chewy

Thanks Chewy…
I hated posting that stuff, it is so old…but good things are on the horizon.

Calm down… Fighting about NEK is a pastime, here.
And stop being so …
I have been seriously sick, almost bankrupt, tricked, robbed, … you name it… , too.
And don’t think that post pro guys wouldn’t do music, too. Here it is 50:50 for 2 or 4 decades,
depending from what side you look at it. I actually miss playing in a band, these days. Can’t do it, anymore.

Peace … Big K

Sorry to hear that Big K. Really.
I have no ill feelings towards you or anyone else here.

randy

Didn’t meant that as an argument, and if, it’s more a pro-NEK one:
Just spend your NEK-update-costs into some proper third party stuff (or a new cubase-licence!), and you’re out of NEK with always getting a cheaper Nuendo-update in the next years…

For me this NEK-thing - I personally could not care less… And I’m also fine, if I should spend some more money on a Nuendo-update incl NEK. I’m earning my money with using Nuendo, and there’s other stuff, which is much more expensive than this Nuendo-update every couple of years…
But I just still cannot understand SB, why they did this move - and even more - why they don’t backpedal after all this fighting in customership… There have never been complaines about update-marketing before N4, if I remember right…

Well I’m really glad we have theese forums, working with Nuendo every single day for almost 10 years now there are so many problems that I never think about, including the ones discussed here. But thanks to you all I will now spend much more of my energy getting annoyed over NEK when it’s time to upgrade. :smiley:

And of course order another _singel_WAVES plug at 600 EUR without even blinking the next day… :blush:

Where is the “Like” button when we need one?
:sunglasses:
Fredo

+1000!

Like.

Chewy

yes “like” absolutely that support comes for an absolute strawman. What has the comment got to do at all with NEK in this thread and supported by a moderator no less.

I may as well bring up that it’s not until I come to this forum that the extreme defence of and childlike need to dismiss legitimate comments about Steinberg are made by a small group that would be better off making some music themselves.

But I won’t because that would be way off topic.

Instead I will not say anything and let the smugness prevail in the ever contracting circle.
What a strange place this is.

Too late for that! :slight_smile:

It’s a forum, dude. Enjoy!

Chewy