NEK5.5 and Halion Symphonic Orchestra

I updated my N5.1.1 to N5.5 but I can’t find this anywhere:
From the Steinberg website:

“Trial version: HALion Symphonic Orchestra VST Sound Instrument Set
The NEK 5.5 contains a 60-day fully functional trial version of the HALion Symphonic Orchestra VST Sound Instrument Set. Evocative scores, exquisite arrangements and emotive accompaniments: HSO VST Sound Instrument Set for HALion Sonic SE and HALion Sonic is the ideal, symphonic library for composition, production and pre-production in music, TV, film scoring and game sound.
Existing HSO users will be excited to find out that they can use HSO VST Sound Instrument Set with their existing license as a free update right away! For all others, the trial version of the HSO VST Sound Instrument Set can be upgraded online to a permanent license at a very special price”.

NEK5.5: I downloaded the two parts and used the installer of part 1. It seems to me that everything went ok. Do I have to unzip and use the installer in part 2 too?
Any help appreciated.

Yep,

I asked this twice already but got no reply.
It seem they don’t need our money…
Well, there are plenty of alternatives.

Alex

Thank you Alex for your reply.
Well, I am sure somebody knows something about it.
Anybody?

I’ve posted this answer before somewhere…

No.
All you do is run the first part, and the second part is unzipped to a temporary folder automatically.

But that does not install the Symphonic Orchestra…

So, where is it?

It may be the same as for the HSO demo in Cubase 6. The HSO instruments are found in HalionSonic SE. Maybe this info is available somewhere but I found it by accident.

BEWARE though, I had enormous problems when the demo expired. I would get Licence error launching Cubase, and in fact I was unable to open projects containing HalionSonic.

I fixed this by trashing the Halionsonic VSTi, but when I went to re-install it, I couldn’t. It did eventually get sorted out (no help from Steinberg Support).

I think there is something in the Knowledgebase about this now.

That’s exactly the problem. When I search for them I can’t find anything. I see the three basic library of Halion Sonic but not the HSO library. Maybe I have to load it into Halion Sonic from somewhere in the Mediabay. I’ll check again.

These is bad news. Maybe I won’t put so much effort in finding this thing after all.
The fact is that I own HSO 16bit. Based on the Steinberg website I should be entitled to this update for free. Or maybe it is free only for HSO 24bit owners, again, it is not clear and I can’t get an answer about this either.
Can someone from Steinberg reply and sort this out, please?

Didn’t I tell you you won’t get an answer ?

You were right, right from the start :frowning: