Networking PLEASE

Totally agree, no extra boxes or cash required, the technology exists and has done for years…(if only the guys behind FX Teleport came back , they would make a killing) What an amazing little program that was, simple yet so powerful to run effects & VST’s with a simple LAN cable and assigning which computer to run the effect…WOW these guys were ahead of their time. Reaper has this function built in to their software, although I haven’t tried it, it seems to be a similar concept.
Come on Steinberg, get this implemented into the next Cubase update and you will CLEAN-UP!!! after all, you invented VST you have the tech and the capability and can do this with ease…Please…get this included, it will be used by everyone!!

Yes, I said this earlier on my topic, Modern Cubase Modern cubase - Cubase - Steinberg Forums

I expect that these features will earn Steinberg many new users
Thank you, happy to talk to you
I hope Steinberg will play before the competitors

My guess would be that only a minority of users would really use such a feature. Sure, media composers with big setups could use that, but they probably use VEP already.
Most people would probably better off buying higher spec’ed computers than going through the hassle of having to power on multiple computers whenever working. For people with mobile rigs it is useless anyway…
I might be wrong, but i guess such a feature wouldn’t score high on a poll… Would be interesting to see, as reaper seems to have such a feature, how many people actually use it.

I respectfully disagree.

How about we start a poll?

How many of you would prefer (and can afford) to spend a few grand on a new system every year to keep up with large power hungry plugins, or flick a switch and utilise your old PC/Mac computers in a simple incorporated, LAN cable based (future-proof) setup with no hassle.
Did I mention, sustainability and more environmentally friendly?

He’s probably right, even a lot of top composers and producers only have one computer. That will be the majoirty of users… And as stated, people who do need that have probably already found alternatives - VEP, MIDI sync over LAN, or Cubase System Link.

I guess the benefit to server, is, you wouldn’t need to buy multiple instances of the program or? I’m not sure how that works. But, it’s likely such a niche a thing especially as computers are so powerful. You can pretty much build a single computer if you spec it right - mind you, that could be upwards of $10k.

I think most will try to do it all on one computer, easier to manage, but there may be a project that gets very big and the computer struggles, why not offload some of the processing to another computer or two if the option is there?

I agree, but if anyone ever used FX Teleport back in the day, it wasn’t hard to manage at all, in fact it was simplicity itself! select the plugin and from which computer to run it…that was it…very clever, very easy, very workable and a life saver. Why can’t Steinberg incorporate this into the program for those who wish to use it. For those that don’t, fine, they don’t have to, but I am sure, the majority of people would find this a God-Send, I also feel sure Cubase would blow all competition out of the water purely because of this brilliant feature.

There are already network audio standards. Unfortunately two; AVB and Dante. You can get to cubase instances to communicate with this.

One think that might get more people do use cubase in distributed way is Apples move to Arm. Lot’s of stuff that wont move that easy. All Mac users will move over a long time. Some will move to Arm based mac, other might go to Windows. Possible that ios and android will be part of that move to. Or linux or what ever. Intel Mac era is to end, in two year you can’t buy it any more. And people will user the mac for at least 5 years after that. So it is a 7 year of mess…