New AI not working, input/output latency is 0.000ms?

Hi, i just switched from a focusrite 2i2 (2 gen) to a focusrite 18i20 (3gen).
Problem, its not working (no audio comming in/out). I tried all the basic stuff to fix that type of problem and it wont work (Not including reinstalling cubase wish i re installed 3 weeks ago because of a Pc reset).
Weird thing is that in the Studio Configuration, i have 0.000ms in Input / Output Latency and i think that people before me add this problem and could tell me how they fixed it.

(can’t find a topic about it, as soon as i include latency in my searsh it shows me about latency problem, but never latency set to 0 problem)
Any help is welcome :pray:

Hi,

I would try to download the latest driver and install it as administrator.

Then I would try to reinstall Cubase as administrator (no worries, it’s not the same as install it to the new computer; you would just install it and that’s it, no settings necessary, no license… Everything will work straight).

1 Like

After updating drivers, and re installing cubase (doing as much stuff as i could in administrator) sadly nothing changed. I also noticed it just actually don’t know the latency of the AI when i go in the AI Studio Configuration

Hi,

How does the Control Panel look like? Does it show anything meaningful?

Are you talking about the windows control pannel ? (if yes, its not showing anything weird in the focusrite ai propriety)

If you are talking about a certain Cubase control pannel can you tell me how to acces it ?

SOLUTION FOUND !!!
I unistalled the old drivers from my 2i2 and the new ones from my new 18i20,
restart my pc (edit, also turned off/on the audio interface here)
Re installed the 18i20 drivers
restart my pc
now its good :smiley:

1 Like

Hi,

Oh man, the Focusrite drivers are so poor… Thank you for sharing the solution.