New Amp Simulator!!! (Cubase 1 : Logic 0)

i didn’t say the default presets suck… i’m saying the defaults won’t always have the sound you prefer for that particular amp

yes… try it some more

and i’m shocked you think guitar rig sucks… i’ve been playing guitar for 20+ years and ALWAYS so anti-software amp emulations but GR changed my mind

D

Sounds encouraging. I had a few minutes to play with it and it does look good. I’ve been looking for something to replace Guitar Rig - even though I love it. GR has been a bit unstable for me and I think a Cubase native plugin will be more stable and probably more CPU efficient.

Haven’t tried the new amp sim in C6 yet but I still really like Line6 Pod XT hardware and Pod Farm plugin. Definitely a lot better than GR4.

I quite like the old Amp Simulator. I find I have often been able to get a decent sound out of it faster than from Guitar Rig. Note that now you can also combine the two. Just use Amp Rack for the amplifier part and only use cabinet and post effects in VST Amp Rack.

my only issue is that it’s not standalone like guitar rig. …

the slight latency is there while playing it through track monitoring.

playing through GRig with the same buffer settings, I don’t have this slight latency.

I’ve got an RME Fireface 800 on the 128 buffer setting.

Steinberg… please release a standalone version with your next patch update on C6

96k, 48k or 44k? At 96k the ASIO latency for 128 samples is ~2.6ms, where as it’s ~5.8ms at 44.1k.

Hello everybody
I did my first recording for a guitarist using VST rack and the result was really convincing.
In order to do so I plugged a Tele 52 ressue into a real tube overdive pedal into a DI directly to the sound card.
The amps controls almost react like the real one.
According to me it sounds better than amplitube 2 and I’m glad to see that Steinberg can do also professional sounding effect
A few things to improve
-integrate string in reverb effect
-Extra vintage FX like Unyvibe, tube overdrive…
-A better description of cabinet (which kind of speaker?)

Ganax

I gotta say im liking this post.

I completely agree. Been jamming with Amp Rack for some weeks by now. I think its really something and getting some cool sounds out. Sent out some recordings to my mate in the States and he was pretty blown away (Hes right into those pod fx). I imagine my neighbours are not overly keen, but im having all sorts of fun with it.

:sunglasses:

What would be cool however… Would be to see Amp Rack teaming up with real amp companies and real brands of fx pedal. Big names all the way. Software versions of exact makes and their exact models. Just been checking out the new Orange and Fender replicas on Amplitudes facebook. Does look kinda cool i must say.

Hopefully there lies the future.

good to know, one thing is certain with me, i save my self some money of no gettin guitar rig, all my dist needs(they arent were demanding) will all be done with steinbergs amps.nice, now i can invest this gettin even a bigger sub unit :smiley: :sunglasses:

Hi,

A couple of months down the line… I find myself reaching for the Amp Rack for all sorts of things. Just a touch on string parts (of all things) is super, especially the Vox AC sound and cabinet.

byebye

Can anyone please tell me how can I delete effects from the pre-effect (or post-effect!) chain? And how can I move the chain so I can add more effects (is it possible?) or see the very last one fully, it hides half way ot of the plugin screen? Is it possible to re-arrange their order?
Thanks to all!!!

OK, I just figured how to move them around by simply dragging them but that’s all! Still can’t delete any of them… :exclamation: :question:

Hi,

Just left click on the insert slot (the name of the fx currently occupying it) and select ‘No Effect’ from the menu that pops up.

HTH,
Mark

No no, I am talking about the effects in the Amp Rack, it’s what this topic is about anyway, so I thought I better post this question here…

Opps, sorry. I don’t have C6 yet so I can’t help you with that.

Sorry,
Mark

Just click on the name of the pre/post effect and select ‘none’.

The number of effects is limited to 6 for pre and post each. You can resize VST Amp Rack by dragging the right border of the window.

Hope that helps.

Here’s another positive feedback for VST Amp Rack.
Brilliant!

Yes, the Amp Rack is very good.

But to compare it with an amp simulator that is many years old and hasn’t been updated/improved… I would expect more than 1-0 :laughing:

Yes it does, appreciate it very much :slight_smile:!I had no idea I was suppose to click on the plugin name exactly and not anywhere else to delete it!!! I also found it (finaly now!) described in the plugin reference pdf file, never thought to check in that one I was only looking in the manual file before and didn’t find information there…!
Thanks again :slight_smile:!!!