New Audio Export Window - Path Behaviour - Cubase 10 has added lots of extra clicks and navigation

Yes, this is the key to this whole thread for me - it’s nothing to do with aesthetics or colours, I couldn’t care less about that, for me it’s always about workflow and functionality. The old Export window functioned perfectly and enabled speedy workflow for repeated tasks this new one does the complete opposite.

I have to add a number 5 here:

1. ANYWHERE in the program where there is a “path” box - it should allow a click on “path” field to take straight to folder - I use “Render In Place” a lot and have just noticed in C10 the same function has been removed for no reason. So now in render in place you cannot click on “Path” field to choose folder you have to do more clicks and more mouse movement. Please change this back as well! Makes absolutely no sense and can only presume is a coding oversight rather than a specific decision.

So many un-necessary changes for no reason.
Or for one reason I should say. Make Cubase more appealing to the Logic users.
Dear Steinberg, if we wanted to be Logic users, we know where to buy Logic from!
But we want to be Cubase users instead.
Last time I buy an update I am sorry to say.
I am not keen to pay 100 euros to be a beta tester.
I am going to wait till everything works ok and then try the program before I decide to buy the upgrade. My trust to Steinberg has gone down the drain.
So many-many issues with C 10…

Just posting to add my voice to this too.
It’s like the people making the tool, don’t actually use the tool in the real world.

It’s a small change, but it’s made an annoying difference to my daily work.
Meh!

+1!!!

The change to patch and not simply showing the mp3 attributes on the page just make the workflow slower - exporting multiple tracks that are similar is now a nightmare.

Thank you to Steinberg for listening and fixing the “path behaviour” in the latest patch.

Could you please also add the same code to the “path” in the “render in place” box - it has the exact same issue.

Could you please also action the request to make the audio export window re-sizeable (and for it to remember that behaviour) as lots of people have pointed out the new “Channel Selection” window is way too small and if you have long file names it’s a nightmare to try and navigate. We need to be able to re-size it to how it was in all previous versions of Cubase please.

Two tiny changes which will make a MASSIVE difference to daily workflow.

Thank you.

+1

Hi,

I find the design in New Audio Export Window better than the previous version. Nevertheless, the List for selecting multiple channels is way too small (width). This makes reading and selecting channels with longer names really hard. Please fix this issue.

I would be also cool to add an option for the Audio Export Window to automatically select the channels that we already select in the arrangement window. Much faster and easier to handle Audio Export with this feature.

Thanks, lokotus

YES PLEASE FIX THIS!! I used to be able to click in once place, to select the folder and file name… and sometimes i forget the file name I’m looking for, so browsing in the folder used to help me do this. Now i have to browse through explorer to see the files, rather than how it used to be.

Click one place, see the folder