New Avid Control app is excellent!

As Avid Control is THE BRAIN for the S1, it stands to reason that if the tracks don’t hide on the tablet when they’re hidden on the DAW, they won’t hide on the hardware.

That was the deal breaker for me.

Yes the displays are a big problem on the V4 versions. They “burn-out” after about a year. However, I’ve been able to fix them by replacing the backlight strip. It’s a bit fiddly to do but the new backlights have been bright ever since. I also love the MCU Pro’s. Very solid build quality and great transport buttons / jog wheel. Too bad the metering is very limited and you can’t make custom fader setups like Eucon. (I’d love to have my group faders fixed on certain faders). But other than that the MCU’s are great.

I’ve been using Touch OSC on iPad for extra control. It works amazing and I’ve created many extra controls, buttons and functions for Nuendo. It is rock solid and it is FREE. It takes some programming but it is fully customisable.

Same here. Only that there is no other Mac running Eucon at the moment. Running on High Sierra via Wi-Fi here.
Nuendo crashes the moment it connects to Avid Control. :frowning:

Hi!
No crashes on Windows 10, Nuendo 10.2.10 here so far using an Avid S1 and the Avid Control App on a Samung Galaxy S5e tab.
All the best,
cheers

When you hide channels on the Visibility Pane in Nuendo, do they hide on the S1 also?

No I don’t think so… I can hide inputs / outputs via the control app, but hidden tracks are still visible. But maybe there is a command to do so I didn’t find yet.
All the best

no way to hide channels on the control app - this is the major negative IMO and seems to be the main complaint on the avid forum… I think avid blame Steinberg and visa-versa although you think it would be in SBs interest to resolve it. It appears not however - hopefully fixed one day ?

OK, hmmm… So maybe it is possible to programm a macro / soft key to hide invisible tracks in the app / on the S1? Somebody already tried this?

So otherwise this is really a bit annoying

Cheers

Hi,

Can anyone please try, if muting VCA-Faders via EUCON (App, S1, or else) works in Nuendo?
I tried a little with Cubase pro 10, I am not able to Mute VCA Fader via app, and also not with the Artist Mix I had here for testing. Solo works.

Thank you in Advance,
Dirx

Yeah, I’ve done it. It’s how I’ve made my Artist Series rigg useable. I matched 8 layouts to the 8 visibility agents. When I trigger the agent from the controller they both match. I need more than the 8 agent limitation. So, views 9 through 12 are triggered from Nuendo and I just launch the matching layout from the controller afterwards.

It works great for the 1st 8 agents. You could almost think the controller worked EXACTLY like what everyone has been begging for for years. So, it’s really annoying when I use the other 4. But it IS doable.

I’ve tweaked my rigg so much now that I can do all kinds of stuff that falls into S6/Nuage/Tango ONLY controllers. I can even do pseudo snapshots on my MC Control! The only hurdle I couldn’t jump was channel expand. Thats when the still visible channels drive me crazy. I cannot figure a work around for that one.

That’s why I was crushed when I confirmed that the S1 was still just the same old Artist Series under the hood. I was all set to buy 3 of them plus a Dock. But with all of the SAME PROBLEMS still present, there was no point in making the purchase. I’ve already “tamed the devil I know.”

I can’t mute VCAs (linked channesl) in Nuendo, but this is not related to the Avid Control App or a controller.
It simply doesn’t work (unfortunately).

cheers

Confirmed. I can’t mute VCAs either.

You should be specific though. Are you saying you can’t mute the linked channels by pressing “mute” on the VCA master or that they won’t mute at all even when you press “mute” directly on the channels?

The “mute” on the VCA never controlled the actual audio mute on controlled channels and instead just turned off automation read on the VCA. I complained about that because it doesn’t make sense. Both “mute” and “solo” on the VCA channels should really trigger those functions on the controlled channels, otherwise they don’t need really to be there at all.

I just wanted to say that the mute button on the VCA is grayed out and not available… In comparison there is the solo button which is available and puts the VCA and all the linked channels into solo. So I think people would also expect the mute button to work in this way…

by the way…
contacted Steinberg support due to the S1 / EUCON issues 9 days ago… still no answer (as always haha).
Avid support replied within 1 day :smiley:
So I think there is a huge difference in customer care.

cheers

I think it’s best just assume that SB support won’t reply at all. Total waste of time contacting them.

IF (very big if) you get a reply it will either totally misunderstand: the problem, the solution and their own products. Worst in the business IMO - dunno who’s managing that department but they should think about another career.

Same here; latest version of Eucon app/PT Control crashes Nuendo here instantly - whether it’s a full session or an empty one.
Contacted Avid with crash logs, they say the issue is on SB’s side. Very frustrating as for some reason my iPad was on auto-update for some reason, and I now can’t roll back.

SB has been informed; but I wonder how long it will take to get fixed. Downloaded Metagrid, so looking at that - looks neat and might be able to do a lot of the shortcut functionality - but not as instant as PT Control and of course no fader/channel control from what I can see.

Hey John,
HOW are you getting your app to work WITHOUT CRASHING Nuendo? There are so many other users still saying that they can’t do it. :confused:

Haven’t experienced a crash I can trace to the Avid Control app (yet).

Exact opposite here. The only Nuendo crashes I see are the fault of the Avid Control app. And with the latest Eucon/app combo, it is every time and immediate.