(New?) Bug with Arranger Track and (Realtime) Audio Mixdown

I read it quite carefully; what mostly struck me, was no mention of Locator settings throughout

And this is what alerted me to the possibility of incorrectly set Locators; hence my response, hoping to be helpful.

I used to think this too; but I experimented and found that for (unflattened Arranger Track) Audio Mixdown, they DO play a role, just as I described. - i.e. the mixdown has to account for the lengths of all the repeats in the chain. The Locators are the only mechanism Cubase uses to calculate/set that duration correctly. Its like adding enough length for a reverb tail to play out nicely

Sorry, but its my belief this will never work for you.

You’d think; but you might be surprised.

In the meantime, please humour me (so I can eliminate myself going slightly mad on all this.!) and as an experiment, arbitrarily stretch the Right Locator say, 30secs longer than the end of your song structure and re-do your Audio Mixdown.

I can only apologise if I’m wasting your time with all this, and it fails to produce any different outcome - maybe I am completely wrong and you have found an actual ‘bug’ here somewhere.!

Of course, as @steve has said above, the ‘recommended’ way of obtaining a mix of an Arranger Chain is to run a ‘Flatten Chain’ process first (then do your audio mixdown - noting that the Locators would need to encompass this new, full length of song).

However, in the past, I have found my method does work… (which eliminates a whole, big stage in the workflow, allowing ease of further ‘tweaking’ before final commitment).

In fact, thinking about it, you could temporarily do a ‘Flatten chain’ first to gauge what eventual length your song turns out to be; then perform an ‘Undo’ and now make sure the Locators span this new duration on your unflattened Arranger Chain structure.

And yes, I’d happily try out a demo project from you.! Though I am away from the music machine til next week.

EDIT:- Phew.! I see someone else agrees with me… :wink:Cubase 11.0.20 maintenance update - #50 by Musicmind

1 Like