New build with 13000K

Well… my new build/upgrade certainly did not disappoint! Performance is off the chart. MASSIVE improvement over my I9 9900K.

64gb corsair dominator 5600mhz cl40
Asus Prime z790 P
3 x NVMe M2 fast storage

My RME HDSPe AIO Pro is now unleashed! :exploding_head:Super low latency and running projects previously crippling my system (choppy even at 2048 buffer and ASIO Guard high) now at 256 buffer and no ASIO guard. The difference is just night and day.
Here you can see the load balancing across all logical processors during this project playback (not a massive project in terms of tracks and VSTi numbers but some fairly hefty buss processing going on)… Cores 1 and 4 seem to max out but this doesn’t cause audible glitches. As I say, previous system didn’t have a chance of running this even with ASIO Guard high and max buffer.

The benchmarks show 75% increase in memory bandwidth (read/write) over my last system’s 3600mhz CL16 RAM and numerous cpu tests/benchmark tests up to 6x performance (multi core tests blown away) !

I’m so pleased with this system. In nearly 30 years of building and regularly upgrading my PCs I’ve never seen such a dramatic increase in performance.

Happy to give more details if anyone is interested.

2 Likes