New C6 to Reason rewire BUG

Just upgraded to C6

Opened a project im working on that has a reason file rewired to it…
All the midi info is in the Reason Project…
I hit play and it seems that all the audio in cubase is late by a few beats even though they are in time timeline wise…

I found a solution… All i have to do is go to the reason project… move one block of midi in the project off time… put it back to its original spot again and voila! it all plays in time again… so to explain i technically am not changing anything but it seems like it is re syncing the two softwares once you manipulate reasons project!

I have tried resaving both the C6 file and the reason files after it is playing back fine but unfortunately even then when you reopen the project it is out of time again until i manipulate the reason project again…

this is pretty poor form lol… not sure if its a C6 problem but it doesnt do it in C5 so hmmmmmm…

Greg

Hello,

which sample rate ? With 48 Khz there is currently a timing problem. With 44,1 not

Cheers,

Chris

sample rate not relevant for this problem…

I am the one who has been battling the 48khz issue that you tried to help with which steinberg have finally admitted is a serious issue…

This problem is at any sample rate…

All my current projects are now at 44.1khz…

tried on a previous project and same issue…

im pretty annoyed that there is now another rewire issue that has shown its head…

Steinberg and Propellerhead need to do some serious communicating and locate all the issues within the communications of the two programs and fix it asap… and by asap i mean yesterday… It is almost at the point of unusable!

Greg

Hello Greg,

could you please enter your system specs in your signature ? You can do this in your mySteinberg account.

Cheers,

Chris

I am really getting sick of the Cubase rewire to Reason issues since i built a 64bit system…

I truly believe it is to do with 64bit cpus because on my old 32bit system i didnt have the timing issues i described in previous posts.

Cubase 5.5.2 32bit
Cubase 6 32bit
Reason 5.0.1
2 x Steinberg MR 816x
1 x Faderport
CPU : intel i5 760
MB : Intel dp55wb
Ram : 4gig Kingston ddr3
Waves Platinum V8
Waves JJP Collection

Props have not done any work on rewire since 1.7 so it’s a bit rich to blame steinberg when lately all they (propellerhead) have been doing is trying to compete directly.

Well I do agree with that and dont you worry I just sent a very strong email to Props in regards to this as well…

They are the ones blaming Steiny as with rewire the host app sends the timecode sync information to the slave and they are saying the issue lies in when the timecode is sent to the rewire protocol…

I have basically said to both Steiny and Props that they need to Communicate with eachother and find the problem and where it lies…

I am a consumer who has spent thousands and thousands of dollars supporting both companies and they are both (or maybe just one but how am i meant to determine who is at fault! I am not a developer for either company for crying out loud) responsible for resolving this issue…

Both companies promote rewire as being an amazing and useful tool… this was true up until 64bit processors came into being…

If you look back through my previous topics you will understand why I have made that statement…

So dont worry I am not just pointing the finger at Steiny I am also waving a fist in Props face too…

Thank you

For a time it seemed propellerhead were not really doing anything, then v4 came out and then 5 and by that time I think they were fed up with all the freeloading so went and did the dongle thing which as it seems works better than Steiny (but without the secure forum).

I empathize with you since I’d love to be using Reason with Cubase but as it appears there are many problems and quite simply if I were to hazard a guess at what the props are doing, it would be to “dongalize” Reason before updating the protocol.

Stopping musicians from making music is sad but unless there is a known plan at their (props) end I doubt anything will come of your emails unfortunately.

brissyproducer wrote:I am really getting sick of the Cubase rewire to Reason issues since i built a 64bit system…

I truly believe it is to do with 64bit cpus because on my old 32bit system i didnt have the timing issues i described in previous posts.

Remember that there is no Rewire 64 bit solution for the moment, for the lack of support of Propellerheads. It´s one of the reasons I wouldn t go to 64 bit, if I depend on Rewire applications.

Hope this helps.

Roger

The solution to the reason not supporting 64 bit is simple…

You runt he 32bit cubase instead of 64bit

you also need to do this for waves plugs cause they dont support 64bit…

Its really not cool!

Good news at last…! 64bit rewire coming 30th sept 2011 - so it says here:-
http://www.propellerheads.se/reason6/index.cfm?fuseaction=get_article&article=FAQ