New computer e-Licenser issue.

Having purchased a new computer after the last one finally failed…I am unable to get up and running. The e-Licenser is telling me…“Unfortunately the serial number of your Soft-eLicenser is not unique. Please contact your software vendor to solve this issue.”

My old e-License number doesn’t work and the new one that the control centre offers doesn’t work either. I have tried contacting support in my country but they don’t answer and I am getting frustrated with not being able to use my DAW.

This system seems broken and somewhat ridiculous. No other software that I have transferred to my new pc has given me any problem whatsoever.

I am left with a product I cannot use and no functioning support system.

Any and all suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I don’t understand why I can’t use my old number and the new number that the system offers up is also unusable and the support system doesn’t bother to answer. It’s wrong. Simple.

Yours in frustration… :frowning:

Your frustration is understandable :-/

It seems you’ve run into two separate issues at the same time:

Issue #1: After re-installing the new computer, you’ve lost your “old” Soft-eLicenser that was stored on your old computer’s hard disk. With the old Soft-eLicenser gone, so are the license(s) contained within that Soft-eLicenser.
The common way to fix this situation is to start the re-activation process that will give you replacement license(s) to be downloaded into your new Soft-eLicenser on your new computer.

Issue #2: The new Soft-eLicenser on your new computer has a specific problem that cannot be fixed (“Serial number not unique”); the only solution to fix this problem is to delete that Soft-eLicenser and to create a new one. Luckily, there is this tool to automatically delete/re-create your Soft-eLicenser.

So, you should first re-create the “non-unique” Soft-eLicenser on your new computer, then you should request replacement licenses via the MySteinberg re-activation process.

Please see also the Soft-eLicenser FAQ.

Gday Dirk,
Thanks muchly for the advice good sir. I have it all running on my new system.

Just quietly, I still maintain that this registration system is ridiculous to put it nicely.
Overly complex and unnecessarily so.

Have a great day/week/and so on :slight_smile: