After building a new 64bit machine just for Cubase, I was very happy with the performance, but suddenly, I am getting random ASIO spikes (not drive) that cause dropouts in audio from VST’s, even when I am just running one. Halion Sonic with just a piano sound will randomly spike over the max, even with ASIO Guard on. Prior to this happening, I was able to load 12 VST’s (all instruments) with multi-channel instrumentation, without causing overages.
My system build is:
• Intel Xeon E3-1275 V2 Ivy Bridge 3.5GHz (3.9GHz Turbo) LGA 1155 77W Quad-Core Server Processor
• CORSAIR Vengeance 16GB (2 x 8GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 Desktop Memory
• EVGA 02G-P4-3660-KR GeForce GTX 660 Ti 2GB 192-bit GDDR5
• Corsair Force Series GS CSSD-F240GBGS-BK 2.5" 240GB SATA III Internal Solid State Drive (SSD)
• Water cooled processor (avg temp 37C under burn-in test)
• 1x2TB and 1x3TB drive (7200RPM)
• Windows 7 Professional 64bit
I was in love with this setup, and being extremely productive, but now I can’t figure out what changed.
Any thoughts will be appreciated!