New Control Surface with unwanted pitch bend on all faders

you must pardon me for I’m technologically illiterate and a Cubase newbie…

Premise:
I bought a surface controller (Platform M+), hooked it up and plugged it in. The only instructions were to do these: Studio setup> add device> Mackie Control> assign MIDI input/output to said device (which is Platform M+).

Issue: All faders are assigned to pitch bend (a halfsteps worth).

I cannot find out how to un-assign the pitch bend and I have no clue where it came from. I’ve been researching for hours and I’ve found nothing. It may be worth noting that even before I assigned the controller to Mackie Control, all faders were still assigned to pitch bend. In other words, as soon as I turned it on it was assigned to pitch bend.

How do I get rid of the pitch bend on all faders and start with a clean slate?

Thank you!

If you want the controller to send different messages, it’s not really a Cubase question, but how to customize the the Platform M+ controller

I don’t have one of those, but a quick check on their website seems to imply there’s software you can install and use to custom configure your Platform M+ - and hopefully their user manual will help you along.

However: the Mackie Control protocol uses pitch bend messages to communicate fader position - not just pitch bends - so that’s normal behavior you’re seeing.

To find out how Mackie control works will probably take a bit of googling and reading - it’s not all that easy to figure out, unless your Platform M+ user manual explains how it should work in some detail.

Thank you so much! There’s hardly to zero instructions that came with the product so I wasn’t even aware that there was a software installation to customize the platform. I will search for that installation and go from there. Thank you again for taking the time to respond, It means a lot to me :slight_smile:

1 Like

There’s a “Downloads” tab on the Manufacturer’s page for the product: https://iconproaudio.com/product/platform-m-plus/ which seems to have software and documentation.

One thing I don’t get here. You set up the device as a Mackie controller, so presumably that’s why you bought it - to use as a daw controller.

Most controllers use pitch bend on the faders to get high resolution control, as regular CCs only go from zero to 127, pitchbend goes from zero to 16383.

You shouldn’t be seeing Pitch Bend coming in on midi tracks if you are using it as an MCU.

That prompts the question: Do you have the Icon device set to be included in All Midi ?

1 Like

Thank you Thank you so much. I was going crazy trying to figure out what was wrong. The Icon PLatform M+ Mackie control protocol uses the pitch bend for the faders for better resolution. Problem is it was ruining my halion sonic instruments because I was not able to control the level of the VST instruments during inital level balance. Turned out I had ‘All MIDI in function turned on’!. Turning it off immedietely solved the problem.