New CPU and MOBO - Cubase crashing after opening project

Hi all,

I’m using Cubase 7.5.30, on windows 7.

Recently my motherboard blew up, so I had a computer shop fit a new one, plus a nice new i7 processor, 32gb ram, and my original HDD’s - an SSD running windows/Cubase etc, and a additional 2tb drive for projects, samples etc.

I ran into some weird problems when I started the new system - firstly, 2 error messages would pop up when I started cubase (here are pics of them)

I then went to open a few projects I had been working on when the MOBO died, and found that on most of the projects, they would play for a couple of seconds, then make a glitchy sound, then crash cubase, resulting in this old chestnut, and cubase shutting down.

Any ideas on why this might be happening, and what I can do to sort it? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks!!!

C

Looks like it is time to “reactivate”.

https://helpcenter.steinberg.de/hc/en-us/articles/207334490-Activation-Reactivation

Regards :sunglasses:

I’m not sure about the Cubase error messages, but did the computer shop do a fresh install of Windows?

Most experts recommend a fresh install of Windows after a change of motherboard, to prevent driver conflicts. If you have an old, spare drive, you could try a reinstall of Windows, Cubase and audio drivers to see if you still get the errors.

I also should have mentioned…

If using a USB eLicenser, you might have it plugged into a USB3 port. Try a USB2 port.

Regards :sunglasses: