New Cubasis and Apple user

Hi
I just got Cubasis working on my iPad with my RME Babyface and it all seems to be working well.

I have been a long time user of Cubase but there are a couple of things I would like to know about Cubasis.
I have looked in the manual and googled these queries but I cannot seem to find a definitive answer.

The most pressing is how do I move the files from the iPad back to my computer for mixing as I only want to record and not mix on the iPad. I can see an export option over wifi - Dropbox etc.
I don’t want to transfer three sets of 24bit multitrack over wifi and especially if I need to use the cloud.
Can I do this straight to a disk?

Another thing is I have about 5 extra output channels (adat) in the mixer when I only need one stereo out.
Can I disable or at least hide these channels as they are kind of distracting. I have tried disabling them from the RME app that runs beside/behind Cubasis but they seem to be there for good…

I guess I should mention the iPad is the only Apple device I own so it’s all a bit new to me…

Otherwise it’s all looking very promising to have a portable multitrack setup. :slight_smile:

Hi Rob335,

Thanks for your message, we’re happy to hear you like Cubasis so far!

Cubasis supports many ways to transfer files in both directions such as iTunes File Sharing, WiFi Server, Dropbox, iCloud Drive etc.

If you mix on a computer, iTunes File Sharing is a quick solution to transfer files from the iPad to the computer.
It is also possible to import/export files using an external hard drive (such as SanDisk’s expand Flash Drive).

Please find descriptions about the available options in the MediaBay chapter of the Cubasis in-app help.

As of now, it is not possible to hide unwanted outputs in the Cubasis mixer.
I’ve added the feature request to our backlog.

Hope that helps.

Best,
Lars