New DAC Not Working in WaveLab

Check this!

1. Correct sample rate selected in Resampling

you don’t need to Resampling 44.1 to 44.1

@S-EH What do you mean by Master/ Auto sync issue? Syncing master and slave of what exactly?

the Digital clock or synchronization

to me it sounds like a USB driver problem with EMM Labs and WaveLab

In every Digital system there is a Master clock that decide sample rate for exempel at 44.1 kHz or higher
so your DAW/WaveLab is playing back at this sample rate and is Master clock now to the rest that follows
“Auto Sync” in a Digital system "other converter, DAT tape, speakers e.t.c

Your DAC should be Master clock in WaveLab when playing back at any sample rate

hope my little knowledge is helpful

regards S-EH

@S-EH My Apologies. I should have been more clear. I understood that you were talking about clock but I thought that you may have had some insight into a specific problem related to that issue in WL. There are no concerns about the DAC being slaved because its configured to not receive clock.
Re: Resampling - You are correct of course and in actuality I have it turned off. In retrospect I should not have put that in the list. I only put it in there to cut off any concerns about that that may be voiced.

This is a serious ‘head scratcher’. Something about the native driver is making WL playback at 8X speed which likely causes the lack of audio. Its getting to the point to where I cant take any more time away from the business to pursue it further, Its likely that our use of WaveLab will be limited by it. While ASIO4ALL works, it has proven to be quirky and a bit unreliable in addition to its not supporting some critical hardware functionality. I’m sure there will be a solution eventually so I’ll look forward to more exchanges.

Related question: What have peoples experiences with Steinberg support been related to non-trivial problems? -Good/Bad/Both (is it bad to ask this in the forum? :wink: )

Thanks much,
Laura

Hi!

Ask EMM Labs if they have contact with Steinberg
PG is really support friendly here in this forum
I hope you get this sorted!

regards S-EH

fwiw, I always thought Steinberg Support was great. Haven’t filed a case in a while, but when I did it was always resolved pretty quickly. But I also agree with S-EH, also contact EMM, because it would appear to be an oddity on both ends.