New DAW

Hello
I am New to this forum and just starting out with my first daw. I’m on a mac and my initial idea was to use Logic Pro. But if I down the road feel like I would use Cubase how would such a change work? My main question is about 3rd party plugin. For logic they will be in an and cubase uses vst.
I would imagine that if I changed I would keep both DAWs so I could work on older songs as well as new ones I cubase. But the third party plugin will be in audio units. Will I then not be able to use them on cubase or will I have to have double content. And if it would require double library it woul be huge amounts of storage needed.
If it is this complicated I think I would find it difficult to change daws.
I find it difficult to choose between daws and so I am taking a chance on logic while knowing that cubase may suite me as well or better.
But it is the question of 3rd party plugins that makes me hesitant.

What are your thoughts?

Third party plugins generally come in both AU and VST formats.

I Can ser that it is the case for most plugins. But then what ? Will I then have to keep a copy of both the AU version and the VST version ? I worry that it will take up a huge amount of storage and on the mac not being that upgradeable it would be extremely expensive.
Forgive my ignorance but could one think that a plugin will be the same for each daw but one then need to have a vehicle to transport the sound as either AU or VST ? Or will I need to separate copies. I think that eg komplete is a huge library as it is but if one need both a VST and an au copy it will be really difficult.
Does anyone have any experience as to change from logic to cubase and what they did with the plugins if they wanted to keep both program useable and make sure that whatever new plugin you buy will work for both ? I guess the same principle goes for pro tools.

Forgive my ignorance but could one think that a plugin will be the same for each daw but one then need to have a vehicle to transport the sound as either AU or VST ?

Yes, you can think of it that way.

Regarding the Komplete, you would install the content and libraries only once, but choose to install both vst and au version of the plugins.