Hi There, I just upgraded from Dorico 2 Pro to Dorico 3.5 Pro.
- Previous install of Dorico 2 worked fine and could access my audio device correctly.
- Spotify, Logic Pro X, etc. can access my audio device correctly.
- macOS 10.14.6
- Dorico 22.214.171.1240
- AudioEngine 126.96.36.199
It would freeze upon:
- Trying to save.
- Trying to quit Dorico after opening or creating a new document without saving. (Related to VSTAudioEngine3 already being dead?)
Note entry does not produce audio playback. Ability to playback is disabled / greyed out.
I’ve nuked all installs of Dorico 2 and Dorico 3.5 and searched my system to ensure it and manually removed everything.
sudo -i cd / find * | grep Dorico find * | grep Steinberg
I’ve reinstalled Dorico 3.5 and the additional sounds library, and am running into the same issues.
I’ve also tried:
- Forcing removal of the quarantine flag for both Dorico AND VSTAudioEngine 3 (though it’s recursive so it shouldn’t matter) via
sudo xattr -r -d
- Renaming any and all VST-related folders.
- Resigning Dorico with a self-signed key to enable com.apple.security.automation.apple-events (this showed up in the Console as denied).
- Installing an update for the eLicenser and running maintenance tasks.
- Removing VSTAudioEngine3.app - resulted in freeze on “Audio engine process died”
- Launch Dorico 3.5
- Go to Settings > Play
- Open Device Setup
- (Everything enumerates correctly.)
- Launch a Document (either a new or template).
- Edit > Device Setup
- “Error connecting to audio engine”
- VST Engine is no longer present in Activity Monitor, sampling the process confirms it no longer exists.
Note: I have not completely uninstalled and reinstalled the eLicense Manager, only updated it.
Update: Uninstalling the eLicense Manager and reinstalling it had no effect.
Dorico Diagnostics.zip (469 KB)