New External FX Plugin

Agree that there is a ton of space for inprovement on this, and that it should be a high priority as hybrid mixing is so common nowadays. Lot of good suggestions here. Definitely there would be amazing:

• dedicated extenal FX plugin
  • higher accuracy with time alignment
  • automatic time alignment
  • mix control for parallel processing
  • able to bounce down without real time when external effects are bypassed
  • input/output metering

These would change my life. Please Steinberg, please!!

Please please, please. This would be a godsend.

I’m checking in on this topic. I’m still using 10.5 Pro. Were any changes made to how the External Effects plugin works in 11 or 12? I just looked over the documentation and it appears that no changes were made, but can someone confirm that? This may be a dealbreaker for me since I’ve been bashing my head against the External Effects plugin a lot lately. I may choose to switch DAWs rather than upgrade from 10.5.

1 Like

Did this ever evolve yet through and up to 13?

Sometimes this DAW stuff, with the plug ins, AI etc, just my own really humble opinion can “steer”, " distract" or “inspire us” to " take it to the limit". I’m an old school guy from Memphis who still remembers getting the guys together after a paying session, getting the sound from room placement and microophones, turning on the mono machine and hope like hell we cut a record good enough to sell 1,000-2,000 copies. Sometimes I miss those days, but I’ve been with Cubase since 5.1. I bought every update, all their VSTs, I try to stay away from 3rd party plug-ins. I just spent too much on a package of plug ins that should be able to “clean the barn”. Found out that in the long run, Cubase has what I want “covered” . Only thing I haven’t figued out is how to knock the Bass guitar out of pahse. Doing this really puts the bottom end tighter. But I have to remember that this stuff is to make records that sell, and you don’t need a 400k board to make it sound like you have one. I was lucky to engineer the best musicians of my day who literally taught me how they wanted their instrument to sound, and eventually produce some decent people who knew how to make a record , or " magic". I’ve neever posted anything on these boards. They are really good and I learn a lot from the contributors who know the tech end much better than I do. I’m still looking to keep making a living in an industry where kids could make records on their phones. I love this AI stuff cause I could stem out some tracks from the 70’s and really have fun. I found DEMIX 5 the best so far. Thanks