New GUI problem - windows 10 2004 update

So just started happening C10.0.06. When I open Mixconsole or remote editor or Mediabay. The whole window below it’s menu is offset to the right with a white line to the left (see image grabs)

not sure when it started happing , could have been after the May 2020 widows update which just installed last week. I donno, can fix most things but this seems broken now, (done preference trash, safety mode etc, yada yada yada). The widow rights itself as soon as as maximize, resize etc.
mediabay right.PNG

mediabay offset.PNG
Anyone seen this?

Cheers

Can confirm.

Same here after 2020 Windows update.

Cheers for confirmation.

Thats a bit of a pita. I find this sort of thing pretty distracting on a daily use level and there are two concerns for users.

There is only a short time peridod window in which you can roll back this update, otherwise its an image restore.
THe other thing is C10 is technically not supported anymore.

Can confirm same in mixconsole.
But at my side white strip more tiny

Maybe you have higher resolution monitor? The two displays in my custom built console are only 1440x900.

Just ran the windows 10 compatibility Troubleshooter on Cubase 10.0.06

So Microsoft now states Cubase 10 is not compatible with Windows 10 2004 build. It applies a setting for Windows 8.

Don’t install the Windows update folks!

̶T̶u̶r̶n̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶’̶M̶a̶k̶e̶ ̶t̶e̶x̶t̶ ̶b̶i̶g̶g̶e̶r̶’̶ ̶d̶o̶w̶n̶ ̶1̶0̶0̶%̶ ̶u̶n̶d̶e̶r̶ ̶e̶a̶s̶e̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶u̶s̶e̶ ̶f̶i̶x̶e̶d̶ ̶t̶h̶i̶s̶ ̶f̶o̶r̶ ̶m̶e̶.̶ ̶I̶ ̶k̶e̶e̶p̶ ̶m̶i̶n̶e̶ ̶s̶e̶t̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶1̶3̶5̶%̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶m̶a̶k̶e̶ ̶t̶e̶x̶t̶ ̶m̶o̶r̶e̶ ̶r̶e̶a̶d̶a̶b̶l̶e̶ ̶o̶n̶ ̶m̶y̶ ̶1̶4̶"̶ ̶l̶a̶p̶t̶o̶p̶.̶ ̶W̶o̶r̶k̶s̶ ̶g̶r̶e̶a̶t̶ ̶f̶o̶r̶ ̶a̶l̶l̶ ̶o̶t̶h̶e̶r̶ ̶a̶p̶p̶s̶ ̶e̶x̶c̶e̶p̶t̶ ̶C̶u̶b̶a̶s̶e̶,̶ ̶u̶n̶f̶o̶r̶t̶u̶n̶a̶t̶e̶l̶y̶.̶

Update: Nevermind, the above didn’t work. It’s back regardless of text size. My eyes must been playing tricks. :blush:

I run 2 screen 1920x1080 and this problem apears only at 2nd screen set in Windows Monitor settings.
Also in my system i tweak window borders little bit, to make them thin

Cubase 10.5.20
w10 1909 (build 18363.959)

Just an idea…

Are your graphics drivers up to date?

I know it’s not what you want to hear, but I don’t have the problem on 2004. I’m running nVidia Geforce latest drivers.

No dedicated card. Intel HD4000(long in the tooth) with latest drivers.

With dedicated cards and latest drivers, problem still exists here.

That is a red herring, any win32 (not UWP) program I have tried to run the compatibility troubleshooter on, defaults to Windows 8.
So even a perfectly running programs, Windows will try running it in Win8 compatibility mode.

I would have thought that the troubleshooter would not make any changes to compatible application. Why would it apply windows 8 settings unless something sbout the application was not spot on. (honestly never ran the troubleshooter before)

You learn something everyday.

Does not change the fact that parts of the GUI are screwed up.

If there is one thing I have learned in my 25+ year IT career, it is that the Windows Troubleshooter is useless. That piece of worthless software never ever was able to fix anything on my systems, let alone make any meaningful suggestion. Most unhelpful helper of this century and many centuries to come.

Regarding the graphics problems, there are known bugs in Windows 10 2004, some of which have also been confirmed by Microsoft (problems with old NVIDIA Drivers, Intel on-chip graphics, …).

Most unhelpful helper of this century and many centuries to come.

Errrm, i can think of quite a few things vastly more unhelpful than this but hey.

Only certain elements of the GUI are affected, those which do not have ‘always in top’. I have a hunch that it is still a Cibase coding oversight rather than the update breaking Cubase.

Anyway not going to lose any sleep over it. Just pointing out the issue.

I got the same annoying issue… so I uninstalled the 2004 update. Hope Steinberg fix this soon!

Im sorry but why are you updating windows if your in the middle of a project , If it’s a dedicated DAW then you are asking for trouble

Why make a comment like this based on zero evidence that this was the case? But I agree this is the general rule and you are correct to point it out:-)

Anyway…

Because being like you ,a member of this forum from day one you can always presume that this is the case otherwise it would be stated "I updated windows to update Cubase to the latest version " . That’s not the case so from my experience of this forum i stated what i stated . Being a wise one yourself (obviously ) why did you fix what wasn’t broken and then come to the forum telling Steinberg to sort out an issue because of something you just updated without find out weather there would be any conflicts first … Both Win and Mac love to throw things out and catch the developers out as you know .

Unistall the update or use a restore point and i hope that works for you
Cheers for the heads up about the update thou :wink: :smiley: