New hybrid delay plug-in in Cubasis 3.2 - artificial latency!

Cubasis 3.2, having had Cub 2 languishing a bit on my ipad pro, this is an accomplished update for the veteran’s iOS DAW. So i gave it 5 stars on the appstore, this tiny issue does not affect that:

Set the hybrid delay to say the max of two bars - this is the top left big turning control - in ping-pong, and you not only get two bars of delay once the echoing starts, but 2 bars before you hear the note you played at all !

This is latency, except it’s not, and if you set the delay interval to the more usable shorter time periods, the exact same issue occurs. Can’t see anyone wants this? A bit weird. Now, This is on ping-pong, so I will go back and quickly check if other types of delay in this plugin also do this, but from using it yesterday, I don’t remember this ‘artificial’ latency to the first touch of the key standing out.

This is using the on-screen keyboard Cub 3 brings up, and there’s no latency issues like this I ever found before on Cubasis, so hopefully it’s just a one-off, a Christmas gremlin.

Speaking of which, all the best to the Steinberg team for this festive season - this Cubasis 3.2 especially is a great piece of work, the downsides are not representative of the user experience in general, for me at least. A truly exceptional music production environment.

Hi irm.money,

Thank you for your feedback and 5 star rating on App Store Connect - greatly appreciated.
Please keep us updated about your latency findings.

Speaking of which, all the best to the Steinberg team for this festive season - this Cubasis 3.2 especially is a great piece of work, the downsides are not representative of the user experience in general, for me at least. A truly exceptional music production environment.

Thanks again & all the best for you and yours likewise!

Stay well,
Lars

Check the Dry/Wet balance in HDelay. It’s at 100% Wet as default causing the initial sound to be delayed as well. 100% Wet is ok for ‘send effects’ but less than optimal for ‘insert effects’.

Cheers!