New installation of 10 Pro, missing presets

I just installed Cubase 10 Pro on a Windows 7 machine, and it looks like it didn’t install any Arpache SX presets (possible more). As I understand it, the presets should have been installed in:

C:\Users\ - username - \AppData\Roaming\Steinberg\Cubase 10_64\Presets

But this folder only has two directories and three files, no directory for Arpache or anything else until I manually create a first preset. Should I try re-install? Contact support? Halp?

Hi and welcome,

Make sure you are installing from the Full Installer. Make sure you unpack the ZIP first, and then you install from the un-zipped folder, as administrator.

Thank you! I found the presets! It’s odd, I suspect there might be something going on with the installer. I didn’t install Cubase in the default location (due to space limitation); Instead I pointed the installer to E:\Steinberg\Cubase, so there’s where the executable ended up… and the presets apparently. So I copied everything in “E:\Steinberg\Cubase\Presets” to “%appdata%\Steinberg\Cubase 10_64\Presets”, and all the presets became available in Cubase and the kingdom was saved.

Hi,

To install Cubase to other then C system drive is not supported.

But I’m glad you found a solution and it works to you now.

Oh wow, really? I had no idea! Maybe I should make some room and just re-install to be sure I’m not missing anything else then. Yes I will probably do that. Yikes, why does the installer even give you an option to install somewhere else if it’s not supported… :frowning: