New installation of Dorico SE crashing on load

Hi,

I’ve just downloaded the latest version of Dorico SE to check it out and when it tries to load it hangs on the audio engine screen and then blue screens my computer. This is a first as this machine has been 100%v stable since building a year ago.

The error is showing

‘AcusticaVitrualCable.sys’

I shall send a copy of this to Acustica as well but as this has ONLY happened with Dorico there must be something the team can look at.

Machine specs: ryzen 5950x, 32 gigs Ram 3600. Windows 11 latest, AXR4U

M

Can you zip up the Dorico 4 AudioEngine 64 folder in %APPDATA%\Steinberg and attach it here?

found it.
Dorico 4 AudioEngine_64.zip (27.2 KB)

M

@Norbury_Brook , are there by any chance in C:/Users/{yourname}/Documents/Steinberg/CrashDumps any crash dump files. If so, could you please also zip them up and post here. Many thanks for the other data, but they tell me not very much, so I:m hoping for the crash dumps…

No there’s nothing recent in there, only a cubase one from last year.

M

Acustica Audio have just said:

'Thank you for contacting us :

We appreciate your interest in our products. Please be advised that “Dorico” is not officially supported by Acustica Audio as well as Windows 11, so you could find these kinds of unwanted behaviors and errors.
We recommend you to use supported hardware and software in order for Acustica products to work properly. You can find more information on our website.

Let us know if we can be of further help.‘’

Not really much use…

Well, I would like to help but under these circumstances there is nothing much I can do. Hopefully Acustica Audio will get eventually their act together…

actually after a bit of pubic berating they’ve offered me something to try. I’ll report back tomoorw when I’m in the studio.

Thank you for your quick and helpful response it is much appreciated.

M

Update: I uninstalled Sienna systemwide entry in the device manager and Dorico now works as expected. So is this a Steinberg or an Acustica problem to fix?

M

I dare say it’s Acustica’s problem but I am also happy if I get proven wrong.