New licence gripes (and restrictions that shut me down)

I wanted to post a reply in the current discussion thread regarding this topic but I can’t because:

You have reached the reply limit for this topic
We’re sorry, but new users are temporarily limited to 3 replies in the same topic.

This kind of sucks, really. I am a legitimate user, client, customer and I can’t participate in an important discussion any further because you restrict it? C’mon, seriously! I am a human being, you can even check my customer status anytime. Just because some “machine” considers me “new”, I can’t express and share my thoughts? Is this the way Steinberg goes?

1 Like

That’s on Discourse, not Steinberg!

Can you send PMs? How “new” are you? If you can’t even send PMs, it’s a 10 minute fix. Just scroll through a big thread (to make the system think you are reading), and at some point the system will "promote"you.

1 Like

Well, Steinberg host this forum. And I can guarantee that they have access to settings to prevent stuff like that from happening. Forgive me, but as a customer basically reaching out for support (or trying to voice his concerns and add to the topic), I really don’t care about the software platform they use.

And while I can post in this thread … doesn’t this remind you of the new licencing scheme they intend to impose? As a human being (and Steinberg client) I’m suddenly depending on a machine to say “ok, you’re fine” to continue doing what I want to do (with good intentions)? :wink:

Ah, I wish this was the only freedom we have relinquished nowadays, or entrusted to algorithmic caretakers. But, I’ll bite my tongue and not rant needlessly.

If you are in the “medium tier” of trust and allowed just 3 messages, it’s a low number, I agree, and it should need tweaking by the webmaster. But if you can’t even send PMs (meaning you are in the low-low-sorry I thought you are a bot trust level), just get back to the license thread, which is huge, and take it from the top. You will be promoted in no time and then the limit won’t apply to you.

I already actually read every single post since yesterday, not just scrolled through it. Still no luck.

Here are the official rules for getting bumped up a level so you can get around the reply limit and message (PM):
Get to trust level 1 by…
*** Entering at least 5 topics**
*** Reading at least 30 posts**
*** Spend a total of 10 minutes reading posts**

By reading they just mean slowly scrolling by a post. This is set by the software (not Steinberg) to keep spammers out. It works pretty well.

Really? And just 3 messages? Pah.

I see how well it works, thanks :rofl:

Trust levels and social credit cystem in action. :-1: :-1: