New licensing for Halion - when?

Hi peoples
When will be available migration from dongle to new licens system for Halion? (as well for Retrologue and Padshop).
I see in account this possible only for Backbone and GA.

No idea, but I hope soon.
I think hey will have to finish the new version first, because the current one probably won’t be migrated over - just like Cubase wasn’t.

I would be nice if they could give us some kind of time line though.

1 Like

I’m thinking in HALion 7. Greg Ondo said in a video that if everything goes well, HALion 7 will be out by the end of this year or early next year.

Ok thanks. Just, i found new system as very convenient. Would be cool if implement it globally.
Frankly, i rarely use my usb-dongle based licenses (like Halion etc) just because not handy plugging key each time. And observed soft licensing option too late unfortunately, so can’t make it back.
New system this is will be definitely second born for that plugs.

fyi Padshop 2 and Retrologue 2 already has migration codes, that cool. Hope Halion next.

It seems pretty clear that HALion 6 and HALion Sonic 3 will not migrate to Steinberg Licensing, but that the transition will happen with the future release of HALion 7 and HALion Sonic 4. Steinberg has openly admitted that HALion 7 is coming, but there is no public timescale for this release.

All the other instruments in Absolute have now transitioned to Steinberg Licensing: Padshop 2, Retrologue 2, Backbone 1.5, Groove Agent 5.1 and The Grand 3.3. It is just HALion/HALion Sonic that remains to be done.