New PC Recommendations Needed (HP Z4 G4 vs Ryzen 5950x Build)

Good morning,

My old DAW ( Asus x79 E5-1660v2, 128GB RAM, Win 10 Pro 64-bit) finally took a dirt nap today. I’ve been in the market for new DAWs, I’m planning either going the HP Z4 G4 route with one of the following processors:

Intel Xeon W-2255 (3.7 GHz base frequency, 10 cores) (HP Z4 G4 Workstation | ZWorkstations.com)
up to 4.5 GHz with Intel® Turbo Boost Technology, 19.25 MB cache

Intel Xeon W-2265 (3.5 GHz base frequency, 12 cores) (HP Z4 G4 Workstation | ZWorkstations.com)
up to 4.6 GHz with Intel® Turbo Boost Technology, 19.25 MB cache

Intel Xeon W-2275 (3.3 GHz base frequency, 14 cores) (HP Z4 G4 Workstation | ZWorkstations.com)
up to 4.6 GHz with Intel® Turbo Boost Technology, 19.25 MB cache

Or potentially a home build. Looking at Ryzen 5950x build with 128GB RAM, M.2 OS & Sample drives.

I’m curious what the general sentiment on clock speed vs. core speed is for a Film/Tv composer working with VEP and Kontakt. On my last build I was able to run a fairly beefy template in stand alone mode, no slave, very smoothly.

Look forward to you thoughts. Thanks all!

Sorry - me again…

You could also try posting this question over at VI-Control. They have a dedicated PC/Mac Hardware sub forum and I usually find the guys over there very helpful. There’s a ton of TV/Film/Game composers in that community so you should be right at home.