New piece - Incontinental Drive with live drums

Ian, thanks for listening! I have tweaked it based on the suggestions, but you’re right, the differences are minimal.

Back to this piece. Spencer played drums on this one as well, here’s the recording we made:

He played along with the other tracks in his headphones, and six mics on his kit (snare, kick, rack toms, floor tom, overhead left, overhead right). Nothing particularly good about the room we recorded in. Live drums still sound so much better than midi drums!

A post from my incommunicado days, so I missed the original.

It’s a great piece, stellar guitar work. I can sell all my geets now,
I am not worthy. They are on Ebay as we speak.

The drums…man…how does he play so tightly
under cans…overdubbing? I am blown away.

My only question is the goanna, which sounds oddly
over-stereoided to me. Almost out of phase kinda wide.
Or have I had too many wheat beers this evening? :confused:
Or do I (edit: insert the word “know” here) nothing at all? Prolly.

Excellent. When is the late night TV spot?

This is amazing :slight_smile:
Great piece, great playing, awesome sound.

Thanks, Jet, for the kind words. What’s a goanna?

Strophoid, I appreciate you taking the time to give it a listen!

A goanna is a large Australian lizard.
Rhymes with pianna.

It’s what we say “down under”.

:wink:

Man, that is really awesome. Super well played and produced. I really like you song writing and arranging.

Amongst my Welsh musical friends, we would call that sh*t hot. Love the drums, but the guitar is awesome.

Steve.

Jet, sorry I missed that! I’ll take a look at the “pianna”. Listening to reference recordings, I’d put the piano on one side or the other, pre-2000. Listening to more recent recordings, I’d put both piano and guitar dead center, and use spatial tricks to fill out the stereo image. There are professionals who would know what to do here, I think. However, these experts are not routinely in the employ of a basement recordist such as myself! Lots to learn, and thanks for observing/listening!

To Iluvstrats, thanks for listening to the recording. I am thinking at all times about the structure of the composition, and how my guitar playing could fit into the recording.

To Steve, glad you had a chance to listen. Spencer is quite a wonderful drummer, in my opinion. I’ll just say that I had time to imagine what the right guitar part should be.

very nice leon , a live kit always brings a track to life, i need to get round to doing that with my tunes . great stuff sounded like a steely dan track as soon as it kicked in .

Thanks for listening again, polgara, look forward to hearing some new ones from you.

Your welcome Leon ,i always enjoy listening to your music. i`ve been busy doing a few other things lately but still have a few tunes that could do with a bit of an airing on the forum.

Great song and playing.
Wonderful drumming by Spencer! :sunglasses:

Cheers,
Wim

Wim, thanks for giving it a listen.